1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worldwide guarantees and grey market

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ramlin, Oct 13, 2002.

1. ramlin

ramlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of points. What is wrong with grey market goods, if they have a guarantee that is valid in England? For example if I buy a Panasonic GS1 camcorder which was imported from France or Germany and the guarantee is valid in England and its much cheaper than if it was not a grey market camcorder I think I'm on a winner and saved from "rip off England..."
    Lastly, does anyone know which companies offer worldwide guarantees on their camcorders?
    Ta!

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The difficulty is finding a service agent interested in picking up your problem if you have a fault under warranty ( or even out sometimes ).
    Most Panasonic service agents are also dealers selling camcorders, there is a growing tendancy to only attend to cameras sold by themselves, not units bought mail order, overseas or from other stores.
    Neither Panasonic U.K. or their dealer network worry too much about it either.
    If you prepared to return your purchase to the original supplier then obviously that's different.