WORLDWIDE CRT PROJECTOR SHOOTOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think there will be rain soon so that would be a nice time to get going in this, send me a text to spark things up and use Didderns phone number he has. Great to hear from you again thought you gave up on your G90. :)

Have not given up the G90, just saving it for a rainy day :D. To get the exact same frame from the picture above, just save that on a usb stick and use the BD picture as a picture in your usb socket on the BD player (if it support the .png file format). The time in the movie "Tomorrowland - A World Beyond" is at 57:46 where Frank Walker steps out of his house...
Made an album on postimg with some of the BD caps i have used earlier. you may check that out when the Marquee is up and running. BD CAPS. — Postimage.org and the CRT shootout may move to the next level :).

DSCF1340.JPG
a fast shot to say whats up crt fans

Crt far from dead and Crt meet in Denmark this October. Look forward to seeing all that attend.

Official October 14-22 will be in Denmark. Wolfman come to the crt meet October 20-21. See what a 9518 can do in person.

Official October 14-22 will be in Denmark. Wolfman come to the crt meet October 20-21. See what a 9518 can do in person.

I would glady come and see the Electrohome and a nice chat about projectors, but I predict that an invitation would not be extended to me. Anyway have a nice meeting and enjoy a clean and noisefree Marquee-crt-picture.

I would glady come and see the Electrohome and a nice chat about projectors, but I predict that an invitation would not be extended to me. Anyway have a nice meeting and enjoy a clean and noisefree Marquee-crt-picture.
I would agree that given the past and hate for crt this meet will be for the true believers. Look forward to meeting Nidi should be fun and a learning experience.

Hi pj jevnaker, if understand greg9518lc reply correctly, it is a little sad to see he think of you as a CRT hater......o_O

When one know a little bit about your background, where you professionally set up and worked with CRT projectors for many years in the CRT golden age, i believe that you could be quite an asset to a better CRT experience for everyone in a CRT meet like this.

The proof is in the pudding, or in this case, in the quality of the projected CRT picture, so its sad that they rather want to live in their own protected CRT bubble and do not want to share and invites someone with years of professional CRT knowlege and eyes to have a look.

If you was invited, saw the projected picture and could tell us that this is the best CRT pictures you have ever seen, and you build one yourself and throw your JVC into the nearest dumpster, i wold also want to do the same and get hold of the necessary parts to build one of these Modded Marquees as soon as possible..

I have 3x Marquees Ultras on a shelf and love using the G90 from time to time, but that clearly makes me an uninvited CRT hater too.....:D

Think discussing to much about the CRT meets in a worldwide-crt-projector-shootout tread like this is a little OT, so here is some CRT pictures corresponding more to this crt-projector-shootout tread, hope you like them :)

Also hope to see some more CRT photos from the true believers here and from their CRT meet to.... :)

Last edited:
Pictures won’t be posted in this thread from the meet but will be featured in a new thread coming soon.:smoke: Pj had it right we have settled on the final mods and Kurt’s projector will be the first finalized then Justin’s and mine in the next year. Askforme2 was going to post some shots but when I compared them to mine you have way to much edge ringing and enhancements going on. Might want to check your settings. When you have posted shots that look unprocessed I shall return.pm

Pictures won’t be posted in this thread from the meet but will be featured in a new thread coming soon.:smoke: Pj had it right we have settled on the final mods and Kurt’s projector will be the first finalized then Justin’s and mine in the next year. Askforme2 was going to post some shots but when I compared them to mine you have way to much edge ringing and enhancements going on. Might want to check your settings. When you have posted shots that look unprocessed I shall return.pm

Wold be nice to see the different thread with pictures and info from the CRT meet. Hope the long trip and the meet goes well, I rely like your CRT dedication, and hope you all will have a great time.
From what you are writing above, do you also meet to build/install the latest mods into one of Kurt's projectors?

When it comes to the pictures from infinity war, i have not added any sharpness other than from the BD player. I have turned off the Orbit function in the G90 and done some asig adjustment etc. The convergense is off and there is some dust blobs on the camerasensor. Did do something differently from erlier pictures, used f=6.3, a longer 2sek exposure and iso200 on these pictures. the last 3 pictures is saved to a smaller size than the rest after the 2.4:1 cutout, so that may cause some differences too...? Did also not use BD cap pictures as i normally do, but paused the movie playing the BD directly, that may also make some different in the sharpning/ringing....?

Not sure why my pictures shod make you not wanting to post any new ones???. I have seen you have posted some pictures earlier and made some new ones again recently.
It cold be your projector or camera setup, but the not shure if the picture quality have bin going in newer is better direction. here is an example.

first picture in your post for this tread form 26 Dec 2015

idB5w1v.jpg

recent picture form 23 Jun 2018
dscf1326-jpg.1031868

I do like the one from 2015 better, it also show the Marquee ringing signature and more of the film frame, so i think its a better screenshot over all..
It was also some of the gray signature in the recent picture i think your pictures from Spectre show some of too. Have you some explanation of what causing this, do you see it on the screen or is it the camera that add to this?

Last edited:
485C8170-666F-4F4F-A0E3-D1C937C8BA61.jpeg
27872D68-9B36-46E9-AC4F-2508310C0967.jpeg
71C5F88A-1A55-4637-AD93-21F372D3B7FC.png
Like I have been saying easy to see a pure video chain Marquee vs G90 That has tons of ringing and low bandwidth. Just look at the bottom line no Matquee ringing and your G90 with enhancement ringing. Thanks for playing been fun....

The winner of this screenshot war is Kurt’s 9” Marquee. Thanks all for playing been fun. Look forward to the meet and the improved 9500.
6CE39514-E131-496E-8A1F-8DB1A678F720.jpeg
F8D3EA95-0332-452E-B7BE-FD6E953BFE8D.jpeg
F7DB8718-F313-4A00-AFBA-85DDFF165614.jpeg
9F1A88E5-00E2-4E96-A4E1-BA67E313914B.jpeg
1CE133E5-8278-4ADC-A4F7-4E0741A809B6.jpeg
D2FF98A2-DB16-4D5F-B7FD-EADB7583987F.jpeg
3A7483D5-4F16-487F-AFD1-F1609B0AC542.jpeg
F2E45E26-E2F1-4596-A2E0-3F5B0F5D07EB.jpeg

idB5w1v.jpg

Kurt Stridevogen 9500 Marquee is the winner<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View attachment 829437 View attachment 829438
Welcome to the Sony,Barco,VDC,Marquee crt projector shootout and this will run until March 25th,2025. The rules are simple capture what you got and post it of your crt projector. Stealing
other peoples shots or using photoshop will be frowned upon. The last week post your top 5 shots and a winner will be declared. Please pm me your info like I listed and will add you to the shootout.

1. Greg9518lc LUG Tubes ,OPPO 103d playback and my last 5 shots March 25th,2025 will be Full Bluray Discs. Camera it's a Fuji.

2.Stridsvogen VDC Marquee 9553LC Ultra, Moome V3 , OPPO 83/ 103D, no bit limiting processing. Pentax K-10 and 35MM prime

3. Wolfman he is back better than ever. 9" VDC htpc and samsung camera
Numerous posts have been deleted.

Nucky sums it it up nicely...

Lee please close down thread winner has been declared...

Thanks Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom