Worldpay - what are they playing at?

Reese Withouterspoon

Distinguished Member
I've been having trouble with failed debit card payments on a particular website. Card payments on that site are processed by Worldpay. I've used the site for many years and have made loads of transactions to them... but for the past couple of weeks, the card payments have failed. Apparently this is described as a "soft decline". The site I've tried to purchase from has contacted Worldpay but they have had no response to their enquiry.

The thing is, there's leads of money in my account - and I have even ordered and received a new bank card for that account in case it was the card that was the problem - but to no avail, the payment fails whenever I try to make it. The new card has been used successfully for another transaction, so there's apparently nothing wrong with it.

It seems to be a problem that Worldpay inexplicably has with my current account itself... but there's no way around it as far as I can see, if they won't respond to the website's enquiry. Does anyone else know what might be causing the problem - or does Worldpay have form for this type of thing?

Miss Mandy

I had problems earlier this week trying to make a payment on Interflora who use worldpay. I tried multiple cards both debit and credit, but just kept getting an error. After three days of trying it finally put the payment through on Thursday morning, but I never did figure out what the problem was.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom