1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World War III

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    In the 80s there was 2 or 3 parter called World War III in which the Soviet Union attacks an Alaskan oil pipeline, it stared David Soul. Does anyone remember how it ended, if so how?

PS I would class the answer as a SPOILER.

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm not sure how to write this in white lettering (incase anyone doesn't want to know the ending), so if you don't want to know, please don't read on.

*SPOILER FOLLOWS*

[COLOR=f4f4ff]I remember watching this in (I think) 1985. It ended with the US and the USSR having nuclear bombers airbourne in preparation to attack one another should last ditch peace talks fail. Soviet hardliners have their president (played by brian keith) assasinated, and order their planes to attack America.

The new Russian premiere contacts the US president (Rock Hudson), and tells him that the USSR has no intention of attacking the US. The American president knows there has been a coup, and that a Russian attack is in progress, and he decidethat the US should launch a pre-emptive strike on the Soviets.

The last scene was Rock Hudson resigning himself to the fact that a nuclear war was about to begin.[/COLOR]

I hope that's accurate, because it's been 18 years since I saw it.

Regards,

Bob.

Thanks Bob I have made it invisible for you, so highlight to read. Garrett :smashin:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    Once again thank for that information Bob.

The most memorable thing I could remember was them using the pipes for cover and placing them in a V formation.

Isn’t it about time for instance ITV started showing this and some other classics rather than endless repeats of Frost, Morose and lets ruin your house programs.:laugh:

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I saw it and think that it ends with Rock sending in an attack due to the Ruskies smoking his pipes - fa na.
    SPOILER[COLOR=f4f4ff]It does indeed end in nuclear war and I recall the feeling of futility that 'we' are all dead now. Seem to recall an explosive end too - [/COLOR] though saw so many of thses at the time it could be my mind adding.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    It’s that wacky backy that you smoke.:D

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Memory like a

Attached Files:

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BLIMEY,

I remember watching this with my grandfather in the early 80s. i sat on his knee asking dumb questions the whole time. All I remember is David Soul and soldiers lying inside thses big pipes in a winter scene.

shaun