world war 2 evacuees info

Pizzalover1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Afternoon people I'm looking for a little help . after having a chat with my nan today about how a little boy from London was evacuated to maerdy in the Rhondda valleys during world war 2 and how she would like to meet him again if he's still alive.this is the first time she's spoken about this to me so I'm looking for some help and where to start looking. His name was Arthur knight and he stayed with her and my great nan during the war. It would be great if i could find out anything about him.

You had a look through resources on here?

Evacuees - The National Archives

In a nutshell no national records were kept therefore knowing name and place evacuated to wont be an awful lot of help. However, first thing to do is research evacuations to Maerdy, where did kids stay, was there a local register and so forth.

Failing that you might have to squeeze more info from your nan, ideally age and where he was evacuated from (as statistically most likely to be in that area)

Have you approached the Salvation Army yet. They are good at locating people amd bringing long lost relatives and friends together ?

Graham.

You had a look through resources on here?

Evacuees - The National Archives

In a nutshell no national records were kept therefore knowing name and place evacuated to wont be an awful lot of help. However, first thing to do is research evacuations to Maerdy, where did kids stay, was there a local register and so forth.

Failing that you might have to squeeze more info from your nan, ideally age and where he was evacuated from (as statistically most likely to be in that area)

Ok thanks for the link I'll have a look into it and also ask her for more info. I'll have a chat with her over Christmas

Have you approached the Salvation Army yet. They are good at locating people amd bringing long lost relatives and friends together ?

Graham.

Not yet only today she's talked about it I'll contact them over the next few week.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom