World Superbikes 2010

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any fans ...?

Not long to the off 26/2 cannot wait, it's going to be a great season, so any predications for how it's all going to turn out this year ?

Should be down to Ducati and Yamaha again shouldn't it.....

Hopefully the Aprilia continues to improve,and maybe also the BMW.

Be interesting to see how Toseland copes with the pressure of riding the best bike,and the swap between himself and Spies.

Am not so sure you know you know as that Aprilia's been going really well in winter testing !

Am a Camier fan & it will be interesting to see how he copes with the move from BSB.

An intresting move is & one to watch maybe Max Neukirchner on the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda.

Am not so sure you know you know as that Aprilia's been going really well in winter testing !

Am a Camier fan & it will be interesting to see how he copes with the move from BSB.

An intresting move is & one to watch maybe Max Neukirchner on the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda.

It could all be quite a good year.....Biaggi is about due for a win,and Camier I think will be quite something after time on the 600s.

Should make the bikes a real good prospect,with MotoGP also shaping up to be an excellent year....even F1 may improve!

Biaggi was happy being No.1 Aprilia, he didn't push for wins like he could/should have.
Camier will certainly push him harder than Nakano did, I think.
Can't wait to see Crutchlow.
Really expecting him to do well and to move into MotoGP2 or even MotoGP in 2011.
I still have him down as our best bet for MotoGP World Champion in the forseeable future.

Can't wait to see Crutchlow.
Really expecting him to do well and to move into MotoGP2 or even MotoGP in 2011.
I still have him down as our best bet for MotoGP World Champion in the forseeable future.

I think smith is the boy to become the man for that job I rate Carl but don't see him being MotoGP champion..still we shall see.

FZR400RRSP nice what colour? still has the Keihin flatsides ?

I don't think Smith has the drive or mental toughness of Crutchlow, TBH.
Cal has a determination I haven't seen since Fogarty.
Like breaking his ankle at Donington and still getting pole and a win.
Astonishing stuff.

Long time since I had an FZR400, it's just a username.:smashin:

I don't think Smith has the drive or mental toughness of Crutchlow, TBH.
Cal has a determination I haven't seen since Fogarty.
Like breaking his ankle at Donington and still getting pole and a win.
Astonishing stuff.

Long time since I had an FZR400, it's just a username.:smashin:

Only time will tell I guess...

Got you on user name :smashin:

Some great opening racing at Philip Island...

Well done Leon Haslam, this could be his year!!

It's going to be a good year ...surprised to see no Yamaha's defending the title in the super-sport

Depends on which Haslam.
Is it a new, mature Haslam?
Or one that blows hot and cold, and is prone to desperate manouvres under pressure that end in crashes and taking other riders out?
He bottled it BIG TIME in BSB a few years ago.
He fell apart like a cheap watch.

Some great opening racing at Philip Island...

Well done Leon Haslam, this could be his year!!

It's going to be a good year ...surprised to see no Yamaha's defending the title in the super-sport

Defence of the WSBK title wasn't exactly strong either.

Defence of the WSBK title wasn't exactly strong either.

People always said Sykes's performances on the Yamaha were the true reflection of its abilities.
Wayne Gardner said it was the worst bike he rode when he tested them all in December.
Ben Spies just has so much talent he made the bike look better than it is.
There are other factors as well.
Most easily dealt with first, Crutchlow is a rookie, so give him time.
Also, Toseland has spent the last two years learning a high-corner speed style, which is what MotoGP now requires.
But not suited to the Yamaha WSBK, Spies used to turn it, park it, and fire it out.
So he'll need time to re-adjust to a different riding style.

Depends on which Haslam.
Is it a new, mature Haslam?
Or one that blows hot and cold, and is prone to desperate manouvres under pressure that end in crashes and taking other riders out?
He bottled it BIG TIME in BSB a few years ago.
He fell apart like a cheap watch.

The way he's been riding lately i say he would be our best chance in gps.

Crutchlow almost lost the supersport championship last year by crashing unchallenged when he was way ahead of anybody else.

Also chucked it down the road at PI the other day.

That is not the kind of riding that could win a motogp championship.

Also chucked it down the road at PI the other day.
That is not the kind of riding that could win a motogp championship.

Good grief.
Haslam's been riding on Pirelli slicks for at least a couple of years.
Crutchlow crashes in his first WSBK race and people write him off.
:rotfl::rotfl:

Also, you make reference to him crashing in WSS.
What about when he broke his ankle at Donington, then still took poll position and the race win?
Doesn't that strike you as someone with the determination to be a MotoGP champion?

No he shouldnt be crashing in qualifying before a race when he's leading a championship.

Im not writing him off either, but how can you ride like that and win a Motogp championship, look at lorenzo last year throwing it down the road every other race and taking himself out of contention.

I know you mean mentally he has the determination and so on but in terms of riding and winning a Motogp championship i think haslam has the upper hand.

No he shouldnt be crashing in qualifying before a race when he's leading a championship.

Im not writing him off either, but how can you ride like that and win a Motogp championship, look at lorenzo last year throwing it down the road every other race and taking himself out of contention.

I know you mean mentally he has the determination and so on but in terms of riding and winning a Motogp championship i think haslam has the upper hand.

I'm really struggling to figure out how you can write off Crutchlow as a possible MotoGP champion on the back of a couple of crashes.:confused:
Do you remember Casey Stoner, prior to Ducati?
Do you remember the early Kevin Schwantz?

If Haslam has an upper hand just now, it's only because he's spent more time on superbikes and slicks.
Not because he's more talented.

Also, can you point out how many world championships Haslam has won, compared with Crutchlow?
So Crutchlow has proven he has what it takes, in one of the toughest championships of all.

Unbelievable really.
Crutchlow wins a world championship.....and people slap him down....

Last edited:
So Crutchlow never rode on slicks in BSB?

And i wouldnt exactly describe the supersport field as one of the toughest championships of all.

Also, Toseland has spent the last two years learning a high-corner speed style, which is what MotoGP now requires.
But not suited to the Yamaha WSBK, Spies used to turn it, park it, and fire it out.
So he'll need time to re-adjust to a different riding style.

I guess my point is that going in the other direction,it certainly hasn't taken Spies much time to adapt to the MotoGP style in the recent practice sessions and his wildcard races.

So Crutchlow never rode on slicks in BSB?

And i wouldnt exactly describe the supersport field as one of the toughest championships of all.

Pretty sure he didn't ride on Pirelli slicks in BSB, and has certainly been off them long enough that he has to re-learn slicks.
The WSS championship has a poor field this year, because of MotoGP2.
But last year, as with previous years, it was generally accepted to be one of the toughest championships out there.
Close machinery and a plethora of potential winners in each race.
I think you're on your own in thinking WSS, prior to this year, wasn't up to much.

Last edited:
Lets see what the other users of the forum think.

Do you lot think WSS was one of the toughest championships in 2009?

Just my view but I for one am just glad to see so many talented Brits in the field so am not about to split hairs on who I think deserves to win the title, if any of the Brits even do win the title ..come on nori :D

WSS600 I love the series myself its always been full of great racing.

It doesn't matter how tough a year it was at all, that's just the luck of the draw like any season in any sport, I also remember Cal shrugging off a broken ankle to take victory at Donington gutsy ride, & it seemed to me that last years field was as strong as any other that I have watched.

Cal earned that title as much as any other rider that's taken it.

Now as to him making the move into MotoGP & being our best bet for a champion, well lets just see how he does in WSB first shall we :)

Besides my moneys on Leon Camier & Gino Rea for MotoGP gorly :lesson: :D

One other thing though I think MotoGP2 is such a bad call I really do, a one engine championship just isn't right for MotoGP "unless of course nobody else can afford to race !!!" I really am going to miss the 250's still all good things eh

Last edited:
Heheh some good racing today....

Nori race two way to go :thumbsup:

Camier showing his form & it is a new, mature Haslam :smashin:

Fantastic track, great racing.
It's just so much better than MotoGP, at the moment.

Great to see the Brits doing good in WSB, Haslam looks a more mature rider these days and he's a tough cookie, won't be bullied by the likes of Baggio.

When Toseland gets used to being back on a superbike he's gonna take some stopping imo.

Cal's a racer and a bit of a risk taker, but thats the difference between a winner and a middle of the pack rider.

WSB is great to watch right now, compared to the predictable MotoGP.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom