1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

world shut your mouth...

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Mr Cat, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    anyone see this last friday...??

overall I'd say its good fun - but the last sketch when he goes upto to a fruit and veg stall and explains to the old guy that he'd earlier bought 1kg of potatos but received 1kg of carrots...the old guy duely exchanges them, then Dom pulls out another carrier bag and says that he'd also bought a kilo of carrots but got potatos instead....what fun...! :laugh: :laugh:

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +747
    That sketch was pure class. :laugh: How he keeps a straight face I don't know.

Got it on Sky+ series link now.

RDB :)

3. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Watched all the series so far, was a big fan of Trigger Happy :thumbsup:

Highlights have been the "Pest Control" van that pulled up and bundled a traffic warden into the back - classic !!

and Dom (dressed as a cowboy), parking his horse outside a bar, walking in, and shouting "I need 20 good men - who's with me ?"

and each episode when he sneaks up behind someone with the cymbals...... :clap:

Ian.

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Its good to see that witty, intelligent and insightful comedy isn't dead. :rolleyes:

Thank god i've got a dvd's of fraiser, cheers, 3rd rock, malcom in the middle, family guy, the simpsons, blackadder, red drawf, black books, Phoenix nights the office...........................etc etc. or i may be forced into watching such tripe. (sorry chaps but someone had to say it) - i'm sure that Tommy Cooper is up there right now - thinking "Carrots, Spuds - why didn't i think of that" then again Tommy had talent!

Gary

5. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    When this show was advertised I expected an evolution, an improvement, something different (they had him outside the Taj Mahal) but I watched the first episode and it was just Trigger Happy 4. OK good music, whatever, bit boring now.

Like Garyd I will dig out the Family Guy DVDs or suchlike.

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    well, I'm sorry you feel that way - not everyone likes what everyone else likes...I mean 3rd rock.... :rolleyes:

7. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Mr cat, i know you have been through a lot lately (having read some of your other posts - i do hope you are ok :) ) therefore you must be a little light headed in liking this drivel. As Victoria Wood (a truely funny and original comic and a national treasure) points out in RT this week it's just laughing at loony's.

Average comedy like this doesn't take any effort its just lazy - classic comedy takes, effort, talent and fantastic acting.

go and buy some decent comedy (like those listed above) and watch it then tell me that Dom Jolly is fit to wipe the :censored: of Peter, Ricky, Rowan, Del boy, fraiser, sam, lister, rimmer et al.

I know that comedy is a personal thing and i never recommend comidies to punters but really the quality control is seriously lacking.

Gary

8. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah Garyd - cheers for the support.

I know what you mean about Dom - it is silly stuff, but perhaps its just what I need at the moment...