1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

world Racing on the xbox. Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Bristol Pete, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone here likes this game.

I have only read one review, which called it average. I like 'arcade' racers more than realistic games such as Sega GT:boring:

So can anyone vouch for this game? Both gameplay and graphically?

Also, what about Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit?

Thanks,

Cap:smashin:

2. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    world racing - superb graphics with loads going off track - you can spend more time looking at the scenery than racing at times - speed wise slightly slow and no where near as fast as say burnout2 or pgr. I would say worth it 2nd hand or reduced price if you can find it or perhaps rent first.

NFS HP - dodgy graphics for the xbox version i am afraid. But the gameplay is fun for a while (and similiar to previous NFS titles) but maybe worth a rent

3. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I think World Racing is the most underrated racer on the XBox. I love it. It looks amazing on a projector too :)

But it's true that it's slow going at first. For the first half hour, it's uninspiring, racing slow heavy cars. I was about to take it back, but I gave it another half hour and it started to get more enjoyable, so I carried on.

After about 2 hours gameplay I was completely hooked. The cars you start with are not very exciting, but things pick up very nicely. After half and hour, you'll notice that the AI is actually very good - they race hard but fair and you'll have some wheel to wheel racing.

The physics model is first class. You can configure it to your liking too - from way too arcadey, all the way to serious sim (which is best IMO, but it's horses for courses).

The menu system is initially a bit baffling, but you'll get your head around it pretty soon.

There's a cheat code if you can't wait to unlock the fast cars (some of which are just crazy-fast): make a new player and set its name to Allucanget

But to be honest, it's much more fun working your way through the game as you appreciate the tracks and cars much more.

I'd say buy or rent it, and give it a chance before you make your mind up

4. Cassius

Cassius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought world racing , played it once and never again . its so sloooooow and boring to me . and i found the GFX quite dull and uninspiring . i went straight back to PGR wich looked better to me except that the enviroments arent as alive as in world racing but the gameplay is stil so verry good in PGR . :)

imo

5. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    It's weird how much peoples opinions differ so much when it comes to racing games.

I thought PGR was a bit pants yet I loved World Racing, Apex, and Indycar. I don't even like MotoGP 2. Cassius, if you've still got World Racing and haven't tried the cheat code give it a whirl - it might supprise you, especially driving the C112 on the city tracks. But then again, it might be just as boring but slightly faster ;)