World of Warcraft : Shadowlands (The 8th Expansion)

Is there any thing special this upgrade, we had in the past The garrison, then own class club house and the one of weapon that you upgraded, then we had the last one Helms, shoulders and chest with ability's on them. and all 3 had followers that went on missions for rep, money or upgrades.
This I not seen anything like the above all I seen so far up to lv55 is quest.

This expansion is all about your covenant hall. Depending which covenant you choose you will have different things to build. On top of that there is the new legendary and soulbinds to work around. There is a lot of stuff going on, but it mainly focused on the Cov you choose once you hit max level.

@stevos :facepalm:in Revenderth (hate the area died more than the whole time in WOW with 12 chars apart from raids) anyway gear was caput and and just handed a quest in and wanted to get it fixed and the next quest I had to follow a person. Went and hearthed out to get repaired got called away and came back 2 hours later forgot were I was up to in the area and cant find a yellow ! anywhere is there a log(not the main quest log thats on screen most of the time) of the last quest you did so can look up whats the next in the chain.

BTW anyone know the best Covenant for a Warlock

OK found someone else in the area and got on a quest chain.
Oh

@stevos :facepalm:in Revenderth (hate the area died more than the whole time in WOW with 12 chars apart from raids) anyway gear was caput and and just handed a quest in and wanted to get it fixed and the next quest I had to follow a person. Went and hearthed out to get repaired got called away and came back 2 hours later forgot were I was up to in the area and cant find a yellow ! anywhere is there a log(not the main quest log thats on screen most of the time) of the last quest you did so can look up whats the next in the chain.

BTW anyone know the best Covenant for a Warlock

For the best cov for a specific spec, i would suggest checking the wowhead class guides. It will heavily depend on what type of content you intend to do, if your not going to push high end then just go for the one you found most interesting to level using.

|Well have loads of bad luck with drops and go way over expected drop rates but was after a tome for taming un dead animals and first thing I killed that has a 0.3% drop rate dropped if you can see it as it fades out.:thumbsup:
aa jammy.jpg

:facepalm:went to tame an undead rare and waited round about an hour and think there ws an other player hanging about to kill it. Anyway doing a longer search whilst waiting found although spawning every 15 min it only spawns about for a week every 4 weeks and sub will be out before it pops again.

I went to tame one in Pandara before and it was not there and no one else and then 5 min before it spawned a group got up and killed it before I could tame it I think I managed on the third time.

Last edited:
For the best cov for a specific spec, i would suggest checking the wowhead class guides. It will heavily depend on what type of content you intend to do, if your not going to push high end then just go for the one you found most interesting to level using.
That's true, Wowhead guides and database were really helpful for me

Think most of my class have gone for Night Fae which big buffs seem on movement. I cant say I like the area albeit better than the last although suppose with flying better.
I found too much up there down there underneath this. Where as the first 2 were more level albeit undulating. So may go with the Necrolords.

This is probably the worst addon since the game started for playing although I say Cata is the worst as it screwed up so many areas of the original game.
Un like the last expansion which you could start in 3 different areas 6 if you played both Alliance and the Horde. This on rails also cant get a covenant until you complete all the set quest and are even 60 and only 2/3rd though part 3 and have to complet it and do 4.
I found the biggest kicks is looking for hunter rare pets.
I have a char in a guild and although can see my old guildys have played Shadowland non played it for weeks.

Normally by now I have about 4 chas leveled up but just got 2 as I'm not drawn to playing it like the others expansions.
Only thing is I need to level them ready for the next expansion so as of present finding almost a drag to get to the computer to play.

Last edited:
Can’t be any help at the moment I’ve not played since February just got bored
I know why now I'm already and not played 3 weeks yet. See above post.

I know why now I'm already and not played 3 weeks yet. See above post.
I think Blizzard are getting worried as well, I don’t know if you know Asmongold he streams WoW a lot, recently he has moved to FF14. Lots of people seem to be moving over, on the back of this, nothing changes same old grind and then you grind something that 6 months later means nothing and it starts again. I’ve never been bothered about raiding if I’m honest, I just used to get the best gear I could so I could solo old stuff for mount runs. Im in a guild but rarely played with them as shift work isn’t conducive to raiding on certain nights. I went Night Fae but half the time trying to find something on the map was a nightmare, even levelling alts I didn’t bother, FF14 allows you to use one character but change to different things without losing any progress so be a warrior then switch to Hunter or mage etc, so all that rep doesn’t have to be done time and time again. I’ve downloaded FF14 but not had chance to fire it up.

@stevos and @maverick177uk do you know who makes weapons with agility on I just sent my Blacksmith though to get attuned to Shadowlands and went to the blacksmith trainer and I can only make weapons with strength or stam on them.

Found it its leather workings.

Wondering what your views are on stealing other peoples work.

Yesterday I was faming leather for above when a number of times I just killed something a member of the opposite faction a druid pop up and could hear them trying to skin although I not looted and I did manage to skin what I killed but they were being a pest and wondered if stuff could be double skinned like mining nodes and herbs can now.
Any went and did a search and that more or less everyone in some form said it was OK to steal (or as we use to call it Ninja).
Fair enough on a PvP server and taking on the opposite faction or on a PvE server if there flagged in PvP but some would even steel of there own faction on a PvE server.

Personally I never stole and even asked if the player doing the killing was going to skin.

I was surprised at a guild that the two leaders on a PvE realm said back in many expansions ago if the saw someone taking on a load of adds right next to a node to get to it, they go and steal it even if of the same faction and though was OK. I eventually left that guild.

Last edited:
@stevos and @maverick177uk just atuned my druid to the Shadowlands and on escaping the Maw for the first time since I chose the Necrolords I was given two choices.
I cant remember what they where as I had to log but was like choosing 1 of 2 factions and when I went back was no offer of the choices.
1/ can they be picked up again.
2/ any idea what they were and if I quest for the Nerolords with different characters does it help my main with Renown or any other thing?

@stevos and @maverick177uk just atuned my druid to the Shadowlands and on escaping the Maw for the first time since I chose the Necrolords I was given two choices.
I cant remember what they where as I had to log but was like choosing 1 of 2 factions and when I went back was no offer of the choices.
1/ can they be picked up again.
2/ any idea what they were and if I quest for the Nerolords with different characters does it help my main with Renown or any other thing?
From what I remember you could choose from any of the four but can’t change I don’t think, also it’s per alt so as far as I know each renown is tied to each character so doesn’t go across multiple ones, like I said I’ve not played since February mate, seems everyone is playing FF 14 these days now :laugh:

Wondering what your views are on stealing other peoples work.

Yesterday I was faming leather for above when a number of times I just killed something a member of the opposite faction a druid pop up and could hear them trying to skin although I not looted and I did manage to skin what I killed but they were being a pest and wondered if stuff could be double skinned like mining nodes and herbs can now.
Any went and did a search and that more or less everyone in some form said it was OK to steal (or as we use to call it Ninja).
Fair enough on a PvP server and taking on the opposite faction or on a PvE server if there flagged in PvP but some would even steel of there own faction on a PvE server.

Personally I never stole and even asked if the player doing the killing was going to skin.

I was surprised at a guild that the two leaders on a PvE realm said back in many expansions ago if the saw someone taking on a load of adds right next to a node to get to it, they go and steal it even if of the same faction and though was OK. I eventually left that guild.
That’s the toxic nature of wow mate, I played since vanilla everyone helped each other etc now there’s lots of idiots in game who just want to bet to end game fast, like doing a dungeon I like to take my time and look round it but no everyone blasts through, that’s why I like doing old stuff so I can actually get to look at stuff that was beautifully designed. Even some of the stuff in Legion I never got to do as I couldn’t get geared up through Mythic etc, if I was getting carried I had no idea what I was doing or where to go it seemed pointless. As to your original question no I don’t ninja stuff and never would if I did I’d give it back if asked.

:clap:That’s the toxic nature of wow mate, I played since vanilla everyone helped each other etc now there’s lots of idiots in game who just want to bet to end game fast, like doing a dungeon I like to take my time and look round it but no everyone blasts through, that’s why I like doing old stuff so I can actually get to look at stuff that was beautifully designed. Even some of the stuff in Legion I never got to do as I couldn’t get geared up through Mythic etc, if I was getting carried I had no idea what I was doing or where to go it seemed pointless. As to your original question no I don’t ninja stuff and never would if I did I’d give it back if asked.
I remember pugs in the early days and say you were a newbie to the dungeon or wanted to do a achievement and they help, Although remember in Lich Kink one of the dungeons a lot of the time had bones of contention with the healer and tank in the one where you mounted dragons and there been a spat once between tank and healer and at the end one of them opened the chest and did not loot and went off so no one else could loot even though it was not the other 3 players he had problems with.
I think one of the later ones (could be the same expansion as the dungeon on the train) where I thing there was a short cut but was a bit tricky jumping up something to bypass some mobs. Anyway was on a boss and got killed did not get a ress and ran back and next news they killed the next boss which I needed to kill to get an acheminant for flying mount. And had to do all again.

Think someone on here well geared ran me though it just the 2 of us.

Just done a realy awful quest and I thing was only for rep where you had to kill elites and only got 4% for them and was like flys round poop most of the stuff was greyed out so if you help killed got no 4% and yet the same people of the same faction joined in on my kills so just wondering if its now your in a group if you tag something its greyed to other players but if a single players killing something they can join in and get the 4% which is vastly unfair to solo players.
OH also was in the area doing a quest to stun 3 bosses and loot them whilst stunned and the other quest was going on killing them before you could stun and loot them soon as they were attacked looting was out the window.

As I say think now just going to get my chars to 60 and ditch this expansion.

BFA was hugely criticized but I really enjoyed it I got my renown to 4 the other day but done loads of quest since but still stuck at 4.
I no followers to do side quest which I got in BAF asp I got there.
Im still using Heart of Azaroth as I built it up fairly high but see nothing like that in this expansion.
There were also Invasions/Assaults' which I not seen and if in the last area no chance to get there with sub 60s and even then Im 60 with my second char and only Id say 2/3 of the 3rd area.

As they say FF14 not killing WOW, WOW killing WOW.

He seems to make the same point over and over again.

Last edited:
Ye WoW had done itself no favours however Asmongold has had a huge influence intentional or not in players moving to FF14, I personally have downloaded it but just not had time to play it, it’s even run out of digital codes for people to buy it! I think I’d only return to wow for old content now I can’t be bothered with the grind of renown and I think you need that for flying which is another bug bear for me. The game became like a job just to fly!! I’m not saying make it easy as compared to vanilla it is but don’t make it as grindy. I don’t know what the answer is but for me have more world events etc something that would make it exciting to log on. I used to enjoy just before a new expansion dropped when everyone would be in trying to get stuff towards the next expansion just groups of people having a laugh

I used to enjoy just before a new expansion dropped when everyone would be in trying to get stuff towards the next expansion just groups of people having a laugh
I been looking at some of the quest for BFA and seeing if if doing a 4 quest faction get me better weapons. There was a boss in bastion that my rogue was getting his rear handed to and not gut great weapons and found one day they were doing 99 level weapons. So ground some of for low level weapon chars. Only thing it never looked at spec, as my 2 hander Fury warrior got a 1 hander and my frost knight got a 2 hander.:facepalm:
Just little things they never thought out or did not bother.

I been looking at some of the quest for BFA and seeing if if doing a 4 quest faction get me better weapons. There was a boss in bastion that my rogue was getting his rear handed to and not gut great weapons and found one day they were doing 99 level weapons. So ground some of for low level weapon chars. Only thing it never looked at spec, as my 2 hander Fury warrior got a 1 hander and my frost knight got a 2 hander.:facepalm:
Just little things they never thought out or did not bother.
Looking at world quest rewards is best for getting gear up quick, over a few days you can pretty much get good blues on a character to enable you to be eligible for certain dungeons, it also gets your rep up fast as well especially if they do the double xp on them.

Just went to a mining node and an add pulled an other flew in from above and an other did, and whilst on the 3 someone flew in and started mining right under the fight so as a NE I vanished and he got the 3 adds to take out although better geared than I so was no big deal but could have helped me as mining a node does not make them disappear they can be mined a number of times..

That grey out escaped from the Maw not took the question. Someone said you can follow the story meaning going from 1>2>3>4 areas in that order or just randomly picking quest up in all 4 areas. If you chose the former I think you can drop it and do the latter but if you choose the latter you cant change to the former.
wow escape tha Maw and its grey.jpg
WOW Maw escape and choose path.jpg

Quest giver disappeared but at the back of the inn keeper outside.

wow story or not.jpg

Quest giver disappeared but at the back of the inn keeper outside.

View attachment 1544202
Ye my understanding you can play through once but to speed up alts you just choose your covenant and level up with world quests, also easy way to get gear.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom