World of Warcraft : Shadowlands (The 8th Expansion)

Garrett

Next expansion to be called Shadowlands and the level cap to be smashed down to 60 and the present cap squashed to 50.
I can't say I like the idea even in the day of original game the cap was 60.
There saying it's now taking a long time to level chars up from scratch but personally enjoyed the journey although the last one I did from scratch was my Monk. Both Death Knight and Demon Hunter started about 10 levels below the starting cap for the new expansion. But Alliance Shaman and Horde Paladins when introduced had to start from scratch as did Worgens and Goblins.

Last edited:

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Will be a day one purchase as usual for me, that and Diablo 4 will keep me occupied for a long time, I think I’m done with consoles mainly although I’ll get the new Star Wars game if reviews are good.

Garrett

Cata was my last first day purchase which I got Burning Crusade and Lich King but I've never enjoyed raiding or doing dungeons since not that others have been bad it just Cata was so bad and had so many bad experiences the game never been the same for me, but do like the guild chat and questing without the need the rush to cap out to do the top level dungeons or have the gear for raids.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I just plod along doing achievements/ mount runs or transmog runs. I’m with you on raiding I haven’t a clue most of the time what’s going on

Garrett

What are you player hoping for and like to see in the new expansion?
I like for them to do what they did in the last expansion i.e. Legion where your gear was not locked to one spec apart from weapons. I use to like changing from DPS to tanking for doing elites on invasions, then back for questing. This meant I did not have to level 2 lots of gear up although did with the weapons but often could level up an off spec weapon very quickly up to almost the same level as the main without much loss on the main. e.g. simplified for each level of weapon: 1+2+4+8+16+32 to get to weapon lv 6 the last lv would take 32 points whereas leveling an off spec to lv5 take 31 point.

Garrett

Thought of an other Id like to see, once a party been got up for say an invasion and that elite been killed the party automatically dismissed. I'm seeing heck of a lot this expansion where players have finished a boss and not left the part and getting people to join thinking there in a party to kill that boss when there not. I joined one in Dustvar to kill a boss and thought the other player was lurking near as I could not see them or his dot thinking mine covered it then spotted it on the east coast of Dustvar.

Garrett

Anyone got or know anyone got a beta test yet for Shadowlands?

Garrett

I was lucky and managed to get two betas I think one was Cata because I started of playing Worgen and Battle for Azeroth.

stevos

Distinguished Member
Did anyone get a beta invite?

Garrett

Any one whos got it can the let me know if there different starting areas again as in get a choice like the last time you had a choice of 3 different ones. and separate ones for the Alliance and the Horde, if so which is the best for the Alliance?

I found Tiragarde Sound the best in the last expansion and fun when you team up with the half drunk fellow that ask for help.

BTW dont use a mobile anyone know how the other authenticator works?

And has the hunter got anymore slots in there stable?

Last edited:

Garrett

@chopples @stevos @maverick177uk can any of you help with the above post

Albeit some of you are on the horde side do any of you know where to pick up the starting quest to get to the Shadowlands.

stevos

Distinguished Member

Albeit some of you are on the horde side do any of you know where to pick up the starting quest to get to the Shadowlands.

I'm alliance but should be the main city. For alliance it's outside the main castle in SW, so I assume it's similar in ogg. Should show on the map when your in the city.

There is only one route, you have to go through the maw and then you get sent to the new zone for a very linar quest line all the way to 60.

stevos

Distinguished Member
p.s. if your leveling the first time, only do the campaign quests and ignore the side /optional quests or you will hit max level and not be able to unlock anything, as you have to complete the campaign first.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member

You pick it up in your capital City I believe, for levelling you can choose any expansion Lich King seems popular, as for hunter stables there are loads of slots as far as I remember, I’ve not played since Jan as I didn’t like shadowlands if I’m honest I will probably come back in winter to do the old stuff again.

Garrett

You pick it up in your capital City I believe, for levelling you can choose any expansion Lich King seems popular, as for hunter stables there are loads of slots as far as I remember, I’ve not played since Jan as I didn’t like shadowlands if I’m honest I will probably come back in winter to do the old stuff again.
I think that was the best expansion I had a fair bit of fun round the lodge area, first one was that area you had to go in that was PvP and some opposition player waited till I been in a fight with an add then pop up and attack me and kill me. They did it twice so got my hunter out who was capped who I got a lot more times you should have seen him res and scamper back to his own base a bit nearer after each death.
Also a couple of sticking the rare bear which kept its name after taming in the same spot it spawns and saw other hunters trying to tame it. :devil: :laugh:

It had some of the best dungeons and I did a lot of tanking for the first time in fact the first time I logged the expansion was contacted with someone who guild I been in and asked me to get my Pally out and tank the frozen dungeon with the dragon in.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I think that was the best expansion I had a fair bit of fun round the lodge area, first one was that area you had to go in that was PvP and some opposition player waited till I been in a fight with an add then pop up and attack me and kill me. They did it twice so got my hunter out who was capped who I got a lot more times you should have seen him res and scamper back to his own base a bit nearer after each death.
Also a couple of sticking the rare bear which kept its name after taming in the same spot it spawns and saw other hunters trying to tame it. :devil: :laugh:

It had some of the best dungeons and I did a lot of tanking for the first time in fact the first time I logged the expansion was contacted with someone who guild I been in and asked me to get my Pally out and tank the frozen dungeon with the dragon in.
I built a £1800 pc to play Warcraft this year as my other one had died and I have t used it at all been smashing the Xbox, I just found the new grind the same as the old and it’s become boring, I retire this year and so in the winter months when my man cave is built I’ll probably come back and chill playing it again, I’m in a guild but tbh I rarely do raiding I just like to get a decent gear level so I can solo the last expansion stuff for mounts etc.

Garrett

I built a £1800 pc to play Warcraft this year as my other one had died and I have t used it at all been smashing the Xbox, I just found the new grind the same as the old and it’s become boring, I retire this year and so in the winter months when my man cave is built I’ll probably come back and chill playing it again, I’m in a guild but tbh I rarely do raiding I just like to get a decent gear level so I can solo the last expansion stuff for mounts etc.
I use to like raiding and was a rouge class leader in one in the vanilla WOW and raided up to Cata when a guild I moved to Burning started a lot of favoritism and in an argument with the guild leader accused me of keeping a weapon they given me in a raid and forced me to hand it over to an other player which was untrue I actually been given it as it was my turn for a drop over the other player which was a bigger up grade to them but they were a casual rader who actually whispered me if they possibly could have it. I was in a moral dilemma and rang Toko and he said if it was him he give it to the other player so I did.

Only raid I do now is if you have to get it to get something like in Legion??? which you had to do some dungeons and some raids. Which I only did when everyone was well geared and just blitzing though.

stevos

Distinguished Member
Right now the game is a bit dead as everyone waits for patch 9.1, but the main driver that keeps me playing is mythic+ pushing and raiding, but both you need to get into to really get enjoyment out of, dipping toes in doesnt' really deliver as its more about pushing yourself to be better.

Garrett

Right now the game is a bit dead as everyone waits for patch 9.1, but the main driver that keeps me playing is mythic+ pushing and raiding, but both you need to get into to really get enjoyment out of, dipping toes in doesnt' really deliver as its more about pushing yourself to be better.
@stevos @maverick177uk can you help
Is there an addon that works for co ordinates I had one that showed them under the mini map but does not seem to be working and they say Tom Tom not been updated.

Oh BTW is there any events like the invasion in BFA?

stevos

Distinguished Member
Is there an addon that works for co ordinates I had one that showed them under the mini map but does not seem to be working and they say Tom Tom not been updated.

The invasions come back in the patch that hits on Wednesday.

TomTom still works, but I use sexymap for coords.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member

Can’t be any help at the moment I’ve not played since February just got bored

Garrett

Just started Shadowlands last night after a long run on Diablo and cant say its gripping, as did BFA which I though had some great story lines (speaking for the Alliance) There was the drunk who was fun and then in an other area you had to help a woman from being hanged which involved lots of quest but so for nothing popped up like that.

Garrett

The invasions come back in the patch that hits on Wednesday.

TomTom still works, but I use sexymap for coords.
Is there any thing special this upgrade, we had in the past The garrison, then own class club house and the one of weapon that you upgraded, then we had the last one Helms, shoulders and chest with ability's on them. and all 3 had followers that went on missions for rep, money or upgrades.
This I not seen anything like the above all I seen so far up to lv55 is quest.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 8th December 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Cabasse adds Apple AirPlay to Pearl Collection speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vestel launches TV remote app for 50 TV brands
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Velodyne shipping new MicroVee X compact subwoofer in UK