World of Warcraft Question!

RastaMousey

Standard Member
I have reached level 20 on the trial version of the game, but what should I do now? I have bought a mount, should I go seek out more flight paths ready for when I get the game in two days? Should I start doing professions, come on guys! #Ideas!

MooCow

Get SWOTR instead ;) you have seen much of what WOW has by level 20, after that it's the same baddies with a higher level and a skin change. Grinding through the rest is all there is, areas such as Outlands and Northerend are basically empty of other players and have been for ages, as is most of the new Cata areas already. I went through Vash and what not just a couple of weeks after the content launched (as I was still at about 70/75 at that point it came out) and those were dead as any other place. Endless dungeon runs for the hope of slightly better gear are the only draw.

Garrett

I have reached level 20 on the trial version of the game, but what should I do now? I have bought a mount, should I go seek out more flight paths ready for when I get the game in two days? Should I start doing professions, come on guys! #Ideas!

If your going to take any gathering profession you should have started by now as most level as you do in to new areas and if you take making professions your going to have to buy mats that may cost you silly money.

Best thing to do is take a gathering and a making one and if making easy armour and weapons may be take enchanting now as its a real pig to level on just DE drops.
Also depending on what class you are can alter what professions suit you. Let us know what you are.

Carlow

SWTOR at the core is the same as wow, and will become as dull as WoW has for many in time.

saying that it's going tobe the MMO of choice for alot of people(myself included), but it's lacking lvl 50 content atm, it's either Grind PvP(normaly Huttball) or Do Buggy level 50 hardmodes, class balance at 50 is also rather lacking in said content, unless your a tank, hf being melee, amount of knock backs/random 1-3 shots in heriocs is rather high.

it's good, but still got along way to come :), give it 6 months and it'll be alot better, but it does still have alot to offer, Bioware story telling in an MMO world works rather well, theres bits of KOTOR through out it, The Foundry flashpoint(instance) being the high light, just lacks abit of polish, and tbh playing an MMO from the start tends tobe painful for abit anyways :).

as what todo in wow, level/bgs, find a guild do whatever you want. haven't leveled a char from scratch in wow in 2-3 years, so can't really be much help :)

SenseField

Get SW:TOR, it is the true wow killer, it is finished as a game now SW:TOR is out lad.

Garrett

RastaMousey

Standard Member
Star Wars isn't really my thing, plus.. just got the WoW: Battlechest sooooo, yeah!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom