1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Of Warcraft Not Pleased, But

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Garrett, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I had the opportunity to play someone else’s WOW, enjoyed it, and ordered

It and took me between 3-4 hours to get it up and running (ok I had a break). First it comes on 4 CD’s why not a DVD most people have them these days. Then I had a job to find an account name I wanted that was not used (OK I must have been choosing popular names but when you start adding numbers and they are rejected) .
    Then when I thought it was all sorted I had a break. I came back and found I had to download an update which took well over an hour.
    Then it had to be unpacked which took ages.
    We at least I could play the game, wrong it must not have liked how it was unpacked because I had to restart and unpack it again.

Then when playing the game I tried 2 new characters, and on previous games in the same region a bag/pouch were dropped (these help you store items dropped to sell later). But I got no drops of them, also I was doing a timed out quest and when I got to the bloke I was suppose to give a potion to I could not in interact with him because of lag. I also went to pick something up later and was bent down and the character was frozen in that position there I was moving round the screen knelt down. :thumbsdow

Next bad new I tried to log on this morning it accepted my login but cannot get any realms up which means I could not play. :thumbsdow

As I’m paying for this time, it is a very poor service. I just hope the time the realms are down are added to extend your subscription.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Just found out they do maintenance on Friday mornings till 13.00 hours. Funny that is when I was playing the other persons. Why do the not do it in the middle of the night when most people are in bed seeing it is a European realm.

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Is this an on-line only game ?

4. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    yep - no standalone at all

5. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432

The drops are random - the only drops that are guaranteed are specific bosses dropping the quest items you were to kill them for.
    You can buy bags 6,8,10,12 - or trade with someone that can make them ( some with tailoring skill )

There have been some bad lag issues of late - I have died several times because of it, but I still enjoy the game regardless ..... its abit like a game I used to play that was full of bugs ... but I still loved it - Daggerfall -

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I played that an loved it but I could never do one vital quest because of the bugs, I could get out side the walls of a dungeon and everything was a void and if I cast fly could fly over the top of it although I was supose to be under.ground, hence I never completed the game although it is one of my all time top 10 games.

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Is that trade any character can pick up then get rid of later?

8. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    yes ... but it would be a waste - it would take you quite a while to learn to make the bags -- especially the bigger ones ... don't expect to make biggiest till lvl 30+ at least - and at that point its better to stick with it that spend 2 months getting another trade to the same level

I personally took leatherworking instead of tailoring with one character and minint with another.
    You can buy bags from General traders --- or trade for them off players ... if you get in a guild higher level players that have the skills may make them for free if you provide them wit hthe materials.

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I must say its a bloody good game.

Her John is a pick if the Iron Chickens :D

Attached Files:

10. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    That takes me back a few years :D

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I wonder if Ethics has come across the Soup Dragon yet? :D

12. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432

funnily enough I have run into a Dragon ... and died .... they are bloody huge

13. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Not only it was off line Friday morning for maintenance it was off yesterday afternoon/early evening for faults. Come on Blizzard get you act together.

I must say Saturday when I joined up with a gang and had a great time, although as a Mage amongst some Priest (Vanity and Zeus) the enemy soon as I cast a spell I was the that attracted them. And later one teamed up with a greater mage (Johny) who teamed up with me to help me do a quest although he had done it before just to help.

14. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have been on WoW since launch date and last weekends trouble are not the norm.

That has been the first day i couldnt get logged in since the start. And it was all down to you 25,000 (may not be accurate number :D ) beggers who had just got the game after the re-release and where all trying to login in at once ;)

Random bag drops are handy when your starting out, but once you start lvling and raking in the money, shelling out 5 or 10 silver for bags is a drop in the ocean. Or unless you meet me ingame and I trade you a 8-slot bag for some cooper and some bread. That newbie contacted me later to offer me more money as she just found out how much they actually cost. Which i thought was very generous so i rewarded her with a 10-slot bag in the post.

Oh and yes, the newbie was a very buxom whench with a mallet, sucker for that sort of thing I am :rotfl:

15. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Yes I’ve heard of males going on the game as men to take advantage. :D

No a couple of times I have helped females out and they have given me stuff, mind you I got some good drops with one and so I gave her some.

As I said I’m really enjoy the game and had been playing before, but I wish when teaming up, people would not steam in to crowded areas when there health is down or mine.

16. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The friends list is very helpful...add anyone who is good player and knows what their doing or ignore the complete muppets that go into a dungeon with you then teleport out as soon as they have done whatever they want to do and leave you stranded with no chance of completing your quest :mad:

once you have a good list of good players the game gets better as you can take on some high lvl enemies.

I have got into a good guild and they know what their doing. My lvl31 warrior and another lvl 51 warrior completed wasted a lvl60 hunter and lvl 38 rogue in PVP. Was a fantastic fight that got the gaming adrenilien going :smashin:

17. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I was playing a Mage last night (not my main character) but I was about level 10 and a gang of use teamed up (3) to take an Elite out they were running in and I was firing at the enemy but attracting them as I was doing the most damage, but as there were 3 it was OK but they ran in on the Elite and I targeted him to get him out of the way, I ended up dead and they all lived. I resurrected myself right away to pick up the quest item.

I played it tonight with a level 13 hunter and took him down on my own by guile.
    If I’m in a area and know there is a tough quest and I have done it I always help out. Or if I see someone in trouble, but tonight I saw someone in trouble and sent my bear in which on its own should have taken the enemy out (I was picking up quest items), when I looked up the person I sent the bear in to help was dead. I feel right sorry now I did not shoot them. :oops:

18. jamesrickards

jamesrickards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like the same trouble i had with MATRIX ONLINE.....but it is worth it!

anyone feel like that?

19. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Blizzard are very good at giving time add ons when they hit a hitch on the smooth running of the servers, top marks. I'm at LVL 46 as a shamen and still enjoying it as much as when I started. On balance on the higher lvls teaming is needed more, you can do it by yourself but it means leaving quests much longer and so getting much lower XP for them. :thumbsup:

20. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this game is amazing. although i must add that when you fist install it takes quite a bit of downlaoding with the patchs etc. its quite good for low spec pc users also, not like doom3 etc. i played swg for a while but gave up as it was sometimes a bit confusing for newbies and the learning curve was harsh.

21. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I think the last service they did seem to have been a good one I cannot think I have run into lag since.

I to find it harder on higher levels even at 23, There are some quest that are in yellow but are totaly imposable to do on you own such as the archeologist and the bodyguard one where you get jumped by 4 level 19 thieves.(not done that one yet). But some just take a bit of change of strategy I saw a level 20 Warlock having trouble in a area when I did it at 18, so I helped him out.

22. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    Don't forget if you are playing the game it is Orphan Week which will send you on a unique quest.