World of Tanks

Lol, you are always so angry!! I do wonder why you bother. Knowing map rotation would allow people to quit maps they don't like and cherry pick the maps they want to play. I don't think it would be practical. A light tank in a city map and a heavy in an open map play differently to the norm.

There's some good guides on the best places to go based on your tank class have a look here

They don't have to tell you what map is next but they have half a dozen maps per rotation every couple of hours.

Getting Malinovka in your E100 with a platoon of french autoloading artillery isnt fun when you stop playing your lights because you get Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Stalingrad and even Ruinberg.

Lol how, that panther using his weight to ram us =(

No idea. I think we capped.

Not sure when I'll manage to get on tonight. Might be like 9ish but hopefully earlier.

What tier are you playing, been playing it on the xbox for a few days and might jump back onto it on the PC, not played it for over a year so my highest tier is prob VI, VII :-( and I have no idea what tanks are good /bad lol

What tier are you playing, been playing it on the xbox for a few days and might jump back onto it on the PC, not played it for over a year so my highest tier is prob VI, VII :-( and I have no idea what tanks are good /bad lol

You might have a pretty hefty update waiting :)

I play 6/7/8 mostly. Also grinding a new line so at tier 5 on that. So yeah the tier doesn't really matter. It's too difficult to control on Xbox I find.

You might have a pretty hefty update waiting :)

I play 6/7/8 mostly. Also grinding a new line so at tier 5 on that. So yeah the tier doesn't really matter. It's too difficult to control on Xbox I find.
Yea i struggle on the xbox, especially trying to go backwards it seems impossible!

Just logged in so update downloading.
What line is work going for, i like TD/heavy think ive mainly got English line

Yea i struggle on the xbox, especially trying to go backwards it seems impossible!

Just logged in so update downloading.
What line is work going for, i like TD/heavy think ive mainly got English line

Yeah the controls are just weird on console with the way the turret moves when you move the tank. Drives me insane.

American or Russian heavies are pretty good. TD probably Germans. I'll be on later if you're still around.

5 games 5 wins last night, nice games @drinkturps
Shame I think I missed everyone else by about 5 minutes.

It was a good run. I particularly enjoyed my match in the Achilles where I camped and sniped. I made it 8 out of 8 before my luck started running out. Finished the evening with a 64% winrate.

Here are the replays for my Achilles game and the one in the Pershing where the KV-2 did a nose dive! Nothing spectacular but the KV-2 nose dive was amusing.

@Foster and @rob_brum we did not have so much luck but the game is far more fun playing in a platoon. Here's the game in the Comet where the CDC driver wanted me reported and post match I got a thank you from the UDES driver! Having looked at the replay, I can't see what I did wrong to annoy him. He tired to muscle in on my position by the rock but the IS3 splatted him.

@rob_brum, I'm not sure going down the British Heavies is the way to go especially if you are trying to get back into it. I would follow the Russian tech tree. You've got the KV-1 which is a great all-rounder (and make sure you pick up the KV-2 for the derp fun) but I would aim along the tree for the IS-3 which is probably one of the best Tier 8 heavies in the game. The T-10 after it is also a really good machine.

KV3 and 4 are good lumbering armour lumps but lack the mobility that I prefer myself although the ST-1 hull down is a thing of joy!!

It was a good run. I particularly enjoyed my match in the Achilles where I camped and sniped. I made it 8 out of 8 before my luck started running out. Finished the evening with a 64% winrate.

Here are the replays for my Achilles game and the one in the Pershing where the KV-2 did a nose dive! Nothing spectacular but the KV-2 nose dive was amusing.

@Foster and @rob_brum we did not have so much luck but the game is far more fun playing in a platoon. Here's the game in the Comet where the CDC driver wanted me reported and post match I got a thank you from the UDES driver! Having looked at the replay, I can't see what I did wrong to annoy him. He tired to muscle in on my position by the rock but the IS3 splatted him.

@rob_brum, I'm not sure going down the British Heavies is the way to go especially if you are trying to get back into it. I would follow the Russian tech tree. You've got the KV-1 which is a great all-rounder (and make sure you pick up the KV-2 for the derp fun) but I would aim along the tree for the IS-3 which is probably one of the best Tier 8 heavies in the game. The T-10 after it is also a really good machine.

KV3 and 4 are good lumbering armour lumps but lack the mobility that I prefer myself although the ST-1 hull down is a thing of joy!!

Cant beleive that Achilles game was only a 2nd class!

I'm still laughing at that KV-2 now, what was he thinking??

I'll be about tonight from about 7ish.

Don't think I'll make it on till about 10pm. Will try and get on a bit earlier if I can.

Might catch you for 30 mins then.

WoTReplays — Main

TOG II Radley Walters - Mastery Badge - 1337 XP

Epic! Where did you all get to? I logged out to watch the replay and logged in again and you'd all left.

Just worked out you can convert your crimbo decorations so I'm now T9 Crimbo Happy Factor. Free XPd my way up the Swedish Tech Tree too. Up to T5 in each..... I've got a female commander now too which is handy.

EDIT: I sold my soul and I now have an all female Swedish crew on the heavy line.

Last edited:
Epic! Where did you all get to? I logged out to watch the replay and logged in again and you'd all left.

Just worked out you can convert your crimbo decorations so I'm now T9 Crimbo Happy Factor. Free XPd my way up the Swedish Tech Tree too. Up to T5 in each..... I've got a female commander now too which is handy.

EDIT: I sold my soul and I now have an all female Swedish crew on the heavy line.

It was bedtime for us all ;), also if we have 4 on tomorrow I'll split the platoon 2 2

Did you buy the last one you needed? I had to, every T5 I crafted was coming out the wrong kind and I wanted to get to level 10. I did the final mission last night to finish in the top 5, 5 times for the final swedish girl. So got the Gunner now, shame I spent 500 gold converting one of my other girls to a gunner before WG decided to add this extra mission. :facepalm:

It was bedtime for us all ;), also if we have 4 on tomorrow I'll split the platoon 2 2

Yeah good idea. Not sure I'll make it on tonight though, we'll see. The wife has a bad cold, hence me shuffling her off for a bath and an early night last night, hopefully same again. :laugh:

Last edited:
Did you buy the last one you needed? I had to, every 5 I crafted was coming out the wrong kind and I wanted to get to level 10. I did the final mission last night to finish in the top 5, 5 times for the final swedish girl. So got the Gunner now, shame I spent 500 gold converting one of my other girls to a gunner before WG decided to add this extra mission. :facepalm:

Yeah good idea. Not sure I'll make it on tonight though, we'll see. The wife has a bad cold, hence me shuffling her off for a bath and an early night last night, hopefully same again. :laugh:

Lol just say "it's for your benefit" *me playing wot*

Did you buy the last one you needed? I had to, every T5 I crafted was coming out the wrong kind and I wanted to get to level 10. I did the final mission last night to finish in the top 5, 5 times for the final swedish girl. So got the Gunner now, shame I spent 500 gold converting one of my other girls to a gunner before WG decided to add this extra mission. :facepalm: :laugh:

Yeah, I bought the last box and was hoping to get a free Mutz but ended up with all that gold and an extra 30 days premium. I had to blow the gold on the conversion too. At least I've now got an all female crew with Sisters in Arms. I seem to enjoy playing this more without XVM installed. I've gone up 7 points in my rating past couple of nights which is not too shabby.

Yeah, I bought the last box and was hoping to get a free Mutz but ended up with all that gold and an extra 30 days premium. I had to blow the gold on the conversion too. At least I've now got an all female crew with Sisters in Arms. I seem to enjoy playing this more without XVM installed. I've gone up 7 points in my rating past couple of nights which is not too shabby.

Is that increase in your personal rating within WoT or WN8 rating?
My personal rating in WoT only seems to go up if I win which seems a bit daft, can have a stormer of a game and lose and it goes down.

No free Mutz available for me, it was a possible Ripper Patton. Maybe because you already have the Patton. I may have a few more one pound tries for it. It gives you the gold value anyway so it's like a free chance for a decent T8.

Is that increase in your personal rating within WoT or WN8 rating?
My personal rating in WoT only seems to go up if I win which seems a bit daft, can have a stormer of a game and lose and it goes down.

No free Mutz available for me, it was a possible Ripper Patton. Maybe because you already have the Patton. I may have a few more one pound tries for it. It gives you the gold value anyway so it's like a free chance for a decent T8.
My WoT personal rating. I usually look at the WoT assistant I've got on my tablet when I've packed up for the night and more often than not it's a graph going downwards! The Ripper Patton is a good machine even better now the turret has got a buff. Fingers crossed you get lucky on 87p!

Talking of buffs I'm really enjoying my Lowe again. It can keep up with the game, bounce a lot more than it could and I can now poke ridge lines in it. Prints money like a good 'un with its laser guided gun. Promised the missus to a film tonight so if I am on it will be quite late.

This was my night last night.

I was the last tank alive but there was no way I was killing 8 tanks solo.

Also got called "Loco" in my ELC.

Attachments

• shot_006.jpg
    shot_006.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • shot_007.jpg
    shot_007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • shot_008.jpg
    shot_008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

The latest video from AVForums