World of Goo [59p for 10th Feb]

RidleyDeckard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are aiming for $9.99, which I think equates to £5.99, and it was originally a £15 game for PC and Mac. Still well worth it.

Got it on the wii but buying for the ipad day one, fantastic game. :thumbsup:

Yes, can't wait for this one!

Purchased this game for the PC via Steam a few years ago for £6.99 (still same price today). It's a fun game using physics but I wouldn"t say it would be any better than Cut The Rope, Angry Birds Seasons etc etc so £5.99 would be overpriced in my opinion.

Should be around £1.19 ish like so many other great titles.

Dec 16th

Last edited:
Review and hands on video at Touch Arcade

YouTube - World of Goo Hands-On Preview

Review closes with - "Puzzle games are a dime a dozen on the App Store, but World of Goo is easily one of the best ones available. It's charm, level of polish, and stream of new mechanics and ideas will keep you invested, while its other qualities will probably make you wish that every game from this point forward could be as imaginative and intuitive. Check it out."

Downloaded and finished chapter 1 this morning on my way to London and it really is the best version of the game. It's so much better moving to goo around with your finger.

Heard great things about this game on other platforms.

Might be tempted by this.

Best thing I can suggest for people not sure, there is a PC / Mac demo available to give you a good idea of how it plays.

Its ace and exactly the same as the Wii/PC versions, unfortunately that means its just as tough. :rotfl:

Am I the only one who thinks £5.99 just seems a lot for an app now, and will wait for the inevitable price drop?

Don't get me wrong, £5.99 for a game is great value. I bought Plants Vs Zombies for £5.99 and my girlfriend has literally played it for hours on end. However the app store, especially lately with EA has seen some crazy bargains. Look at the new Sim City. Literally out for a couple of days at £5.99, then slashed to 59p.

I buy games for my 360,PS3 etc, so £5.99 I know is great value. I often get my iTunes vouchers in offers from shops, so it probably wouldn't even be £5.99 that I really end up paying. Still despite all this, something holds me back from buying it at the current price.

Does anyone else feel like this with apps now?

Yes :blush:

But only because I have so many games that I am not even playing them, just buying them. So although they are getting 59p instead of 5.99, I am impulse buying meaning if I was sensible, I would have not bought it at all.

Thats my excuse anyway.

In my case, I bought PvZ HD @ £5.99 simply because I got 'free money' from an itunes voucher - I had completed the game on the iPhone before I got the iPad and only bought it for my daughter.

I will buy WoG, but I dont need it now (with Aralon) so I hope I get a lucky price drop. Its the same for Chaos Rings. I am sure a tenner for a FF game is excellent value, but these 'app prices' make you think that £10 is expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up mate, I will grab it when I get home. :smashin:

Edit: Done.

Last edited:
Had a quick play on this last night.

Perfect game for the iPad.

Thanks for the heads up never played this game before but it is very addictive and well worth £2.99 :smashin:

Just bought this and dont even have an ipad yet!

True, I paid £5.99 and still don't regret it, best game on the iPad. At 59p the practically giving it away, apparently this sale is for TODAY ONLY!

I must remember to download it when I get home.

Damn iPad, its cost me over £30 in the last 4 weeks :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom