• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

World Movies TV. Listings up the Creek

D

dakara

This Channel has some really great movies, but the problem is that none of the schedules, that I can find, correspond to the time at which the films are actually shown.
This includes the AVForums guide as well. :confused:

Can anyone please point me to a Programme Schedule for World Movies which gives the correct movies, and the times at which they are showing.

The Channel's website seems to give the Australian schedules, which are not much use to us.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Dakara,

You'll have to complain directly to World Movies, who are the people responsible for sending out (or at least not correcting) the wrong schedule. :(

What's worse, is the fact that many of the films are hard-formatted to 16:9, and don't appear with Widescreen bars on a 4:3 TV set! :nono: So, in my case, no amount of tinkering with my Sky STB, or my DVD Recorder lets me view or record the movies, in the correct format.

Such a basic error, (showing programming in the correct ratio - 4:3 or letterbox), should be one of the major issues any channel gets rectified before it starts transmitting! :mad:

Pooch

D

dakara

Thanks Pooch, of Bishop's Stortford. Place of my birth.
I will contact the man who was/is? on Digital Spy.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
There's another channel that shows cracking little gems now and again.Film24 on sky ch 157.

Cry of the Innocent was on the other night,very good it was too,apart from the mild D.O.G,it was perfectly acceptable.

Brief synopsis here.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
D

dakara

I have sent off a letter of complaint to Mike Chopra, and hope that it bears fruit.
Unless he does something quickly, he will have lost his viewers before he gets going.

The schedules that I was checking, in addition to those on AVFORUMS were at

www.worldmovies.net/=tvguide

but maybe that is a completely different organization. :confused:

D

dakara

Reply from Mike Chopra

If anyone is interested, I received a very prompt reply to my complaint.

Thanks for your response.
Please check schedules every Thursday for accurate listings of the next seven days.
All our films are broadcast according to their original ratios. Please check your TV/box settings.

We appreciate your points and your interest.

Regards
Mike

So, he is NOT too busy playing football after all, and it is encouraging to get such a quick reply. :thumbsup:

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi Dakara,

The schedules that I was checking, in addition to those on AVFORUMS were at

www.worldmovies.net/=tvguide

but maybe that is a completely different organization. :confused:

Yep, wrong company. "World Movies.net" are an Australian-only movie channel, that plays foreign-language films on a cable Australian TV channel. Therefore, their TV Guide is going to be of no use to you, here in little ol' England. :(

Reply from Mike Chopra:

Please check schedules every Thursday for accurate listings of the next seven days. All our films are broadcast according to their original ratios. Please check your TV/box settings.

As I expected, a pathetic and useless reply! :rolleyes: :mad: :thumbsdow

If Sky's schedules don't match what is actually showing, then World Movies are at fault, because they are the channel that supply Sky (and all the TV Listings companies/guides) with their channel's scheduling output. Hence, if Sky's got it wrong, then the info's being sent to Sky wrong! :suicide:

Secondly, I have checked all of my Sky Digital digibox, DVD Recorder and TV settings, and can guarantee Mr Chopra 100%, that there's nothing wrong with them! The fault lies with him, his channel, and the way he (or possibly Sky) have the broadcast signal set, so that it only outputs in Widescreen rather than 16:9.

Why do TV channels always blame the consumers, for problems with picture formatting?! :confused: Maybe Mr Chopra doesn't want anyone to watch his channel? :eek:

Pooch

Joeki

Standard Member
All of the 10 or more films I have watched on World Movies on Sky have looked good in 16:9 and I have been pleased by the quality of the broadcasts. Its been a real treat to see so many amazing films that I am deeply grateful to those responsible and hope this channel keeps up the good work. I can only say to those having problems that it must be at their end, not Skys.
This is a much better service than the old Film4 one. I watch this more than any other channel on Sky now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom