World Darts Final

Gary D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else just watched the incredible World Darts final? - Congratulations to Mark Webster - that was 2 hours of fantastic entertainment - even the wife was gripped :) I lost count of the number of 180's thrown.

Gary

Has anyone else just watched the incredible World Darts final? - Congratulations to Mark Webster - that was 2 hours of fantastic entertainment - even the wife was gripped :) I lost count of the number of 180's thrown.

Gary

Either one of those two could've lifted the PDC title this year, much better final than the PDC. There were 25 x 180s last I saw, betting was pretty high - you needed 18 to breakeven which is normally very difficult to reach. & the loser threw 14 of those!

Great stuff

I couldnt agree more.
This must be the best final I've watched in years. Both players were hot. The PDC mob were out in force on the BBC website slating it as a crap final. What game were they watching??
The standard was awesome. As you said, both players could have won it (I was rooting for Simon, but wasn't disappointed when Mark won. I was just delighted to have witnessed such a grand climax to a great tournament.
If only Sid Waddell had been in the commentary box instead of that useless git Green. He completely ruined the event for me, with his inane ramblings that always began with, "Yes" or "They're all here".
Well done BDO for a fabulous tournament.

I couldnt agree more.
This must be the best final I've watched in years. Both players were hot. The PDC mob were out in force on the BBC website slating it as a crap final. What game were they watching??
The standard was awesome. As you said, both players could have won it (I was rooting for Simon, but wasn't disappointed when Mark won. I was just delighted to have witnessed such a grand climax to a great tournament.
If only Sid Waddell had been in the commentary box instead of that useless git Green. He completely ruined the event for me, with his inane ramblings that always began with, "Yes" or "They're all here".
Well done BDO for a fabulous tournament.

I must admit I'm more of a PDC fan, but mostly because Sky know how to actually produce Darts programmes. The BBC failed to put up any stats until the 6th set, so we had no idea on averages, # of 180s, doubles %, check-outs etc. Very disappointing. However, I did really enjoy this years BDO finals, there's at least 4 players in there that could do really well over in the PDC - the consistancy last night was frightening.

I'm a PDC fan myself but have been watching this years BDO darts and the final was a cracker for sure. Both of them would do well in the pdc and adams, he a nice guy him.

Wish they wouldn't have kept showing Mark Webster's bird she looked a right miserable cow, bet she's happy today what with £85k in his i mean her bank. :rotfl:

Yes it was a cracking final, was hoping it would go all the way, didn't want it to end:thumbsup:

The bbc's coverage i thought was very disappointing as most of the live darts was shown on interactive and then a highlights show in the early hours of the morning. Sky's coverage puts the bbc to shame

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom