World Cup 2018 - TV Fixtures & Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, seeing as Southgate awarded him with the scapegoat. Sorry, I mean captaincy.

I meant up in Scotland mate!;):laugh:

Not a chance. How many Scots are going to be shopping in Sainsbury's? [emoji23]

Brought the Panini Sticker album the other day, only brought a few packs yet, but looking to buy a box when I get paid next week, certainly helping me get in the World Cup mood even more!

not sure how he can defend it with what he said, the guy is a moron pure and simple.
I think your reaction is more akin to that description than the player. Read the article, read what he said about what happened to his father.

I'm not particularly impressed with this or indeed any tattoo but the press hanging Raheem out to dry has begun already ..... I predicted this the other week and it will get worse.

Why do the press always do this with english players?

I do find it a bit bizarre. I mean, if my dad got gunned down I think the last tattoo I would want to get would be of a gun. But each to their own I guess. Also, "I shoot with my right foot". That is proper cringe. People suggesting that he shouldn't play until he gets it removed is ridiculous tho and just trying to push their own agenda in the media.

Plot twist, he also loves playing Call of Duty.

So basically now when everytime Sterling scores starting in the WC is a couple of players going to pick him up and pretrend he is an AK47 start spraying shots around with his leg, could be quite a good celebration that lol

And could you imagine him being involved in a sport that means he wears socks that cover the area in question ?

The English press gets the team it deserves.

As I said before, football players are just like other people in society but they get paid more because they kick a ball good.

None of them should be "role models", if little Johnny gets into trouble, it's not because someone got a tattoo, its because you're most probably a shitty parent.

He is. But I'm not sure the reporting is particularly helpful 2 weeks before the start of the World Cup.

it was hardly going to be missed was it as he was already showing it off.

I think your reaction is more akin to that description than the player. Read the article, read what he said about what happened to his father.

I'm not particularly impressed with this or indeed any tattoo but the press hanging Raheem out to dry has begun already ..... I predicted this the other week and it will get worse.

Why do the press always do this with english players?

my reaction to him being a moron is because this isn't the first incident with him, inhaling gas from balloons, smoking pipes, etc, these players seem to think they can't and shouldn't be punished, as for the press printing it a guy mentioned a great point that if you don't want to end up in the spotlight in this way then don't do something so stupid as get a tattoo of a gun in these days of kids being killed with guns, you cannot hang someone out to dry who is putting out the pegs themselves.

and for whatever reason he gives for having it doesn't make it right, a mother whose child was killed by guns has condemned it so it's not just a case of the press it's the general public including families of gun crime who are angry over this, if he didn't get this tattoo then their wouldn't be any story to tell.

as for the tattoo, im sorry for what happened to his father but to get a gun tattoo when his father was killed by one is just sick, and to say he got it to make it so he would never pick up a gun is just mind boggling, he is in a career and has money where he would never be in a situation where he would need to use a gun.

and it's nothing to do with him being a city player, if this was a utd player i would condemn them exactly the same.

there is also a question now of how the premier league will act because all the anti gun/knife campaigners are all going to be on top of this wanting him either to get it removed or face a ban, it will be interesting to see what happens but i think the pressure will be on the premier league, sterling and even city themselves to act.

What an absolute load of drivel that is.

Kids who are playing fortnite constantly, kids who play Call of Duty etc etc all know what a gun is now because of Raheem Sterling, give me a break !!

He's explained the reason for the tattoo and the fact it isn't finished yet - my brother has a similar tattoo from his time in military service with the message being very similar.

You should work for the Sun mate, really you should.

And as for the pressure being on City to act, I would be amazed if they intervened. Surely publicity like this from a premier league player opposed to guns / violence is better than the opposite?

Anyway, which teams are people supporting in the World Cup?

Hopefully sterling can shoot us to glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom