World Cup 2018 - TV Fixtures & Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominant performance from France, they neutralised the Belgian threat perfectly.

Lukaku barely touched the ball, De Bruyne was well off his best.
Best player was Hazard by a mile for Belgium.

Mbappe is 19 , Michael Owen was 18 , Pele was 17 when they came to the fore at WC.. it has to be sustained .. in Pele case it was, Owen not so , Mbappe it remains to be seen.

Mbappe is 19 , Michael Owen was 18 , Pele was 17 when they came to the fore at WC.. it has to be sustained .. in Pele case it was, Owen not so , Mbappe it remains to be seen.

Can’t you just enjoy the here and now? Why is legacy so important?

Blimey Pogba has been brilliant/ Immense throughout the tournament says Rio , OK. I don't agree but if Rio says , it must be right .. anyhow bring on the winners.

Well done France. Fair play to Deschamps. Thought his conservative tactics wouldn't be rewarded in this tournament but they're into the final so what do I know! Hope they get stuffed by England or Croatia in the final though.

Chadli so frustrating. Too many touches, overcomplicates play, holds onto the ball for too long. Lukaku needs service and space behind defences to work but he was getting no joy from France tonight. Varane and Umititi are excellent together. KdB off the boil tonight. Hazard was excellent but up against a well-drilled team.

Come on England. Would love to see them win the WC against this France team.

Owen suffered from injuries from being overplayed by Liverpool and England.

Mbappe will sustain it 100%, he's in a very good France team and about to get a big move to biggest club in the world.

Courtois and Hazard Belgium’s best players today
Hope we can hold onto them or Madrid go looking elsewhere

Owen suffered from injuries from being overplayed by Liverpool and England.

Mbappe will sustain it 100%, he's in a very good France team and about to get a big move to biggest club in the world.
Agree about Owen , and Mbappe is off to Bristol City.

Lakuku was on utd form today indecisive.

Would have made for a good final that. Pity for Belgium, they’re clearly the second best side in the tournament. As I thought though France would have just a little too much nous.

Blimey Pogba has been brilliant/ Immense throughout the tournament says Rio , OK. I don't agree but if Rio says , it must be right .. anyhow bring on the winners.
Pogba is quality, just like I have been saying
He has proved it on the highest stage

Courtois and Hazard Belgium’s best players today
Hope we can hold onto them or Madrid go looking elsewhere

Courtois is a great keeper but his time at Chelsea has had more ups and downs in form than Tony Hawks skateboarding career. Doesn't strike me as committed to Chelsea, and when someone isn't committed they aren't going to perform to their full potential. His mind is in Spain. Sell.

Chris Waddles pen is still floating about amongst the stars in the sky.

Doesn’t half go over the top sometimes Rio. Pogba has had a good tournament, but he’s not been immense.

What a ball from Pogba then, wasted by Griezmann

***off to wash my hands after complimenting Pogba***
He choked... Griezmann has been solid as a playmaker and in set pieces, but we have not seen much of his flair and finishing skill in this cup... Perhaps he will rise to the occasion in the final.

Still the best football mind left in the tournament...

Pogba is quality, just like I have been saying
He has proved it on the highest stage
He is mentally tough and the highest level of competitor... Was fluid in midfield during attacks ans was solid there during defence...

France were the dominant and most attacking side today... Belgium had more possession was it was ineffectual as it was not used for attack and was in spaces France had allotted to them...

Stats attached show this clearly...

Screenshot_20180711-002040_FIFA.jpg Screenshot_20180711-002143_FIFA.jpg

AKA John Obi Mikel ?

AKA John Obi Mikel ?
as a comparison to Griezmann? Maybe a little bit... But I think Griezmann does more for France... Look at how he positions himself on the pitch and how much he is involved with in midfield as in defence as well as the transitions... It's not just the assists...

He choked... Griezmann has been solid as a playmaker and in set pieces, but we have not seen much of his flair and finishing skill in this cup... Perhaps he will rise to the occasion in the final.

Still the best football mind left in the tournament...
Kante and Modric have better footballing brains imo.

Also it was a tired effort from Griezmann , he hardly choked.

Should England reach the final I think they’ve got a real dilemma on their hands in terms of team selection. You can’t go up against France with just Henderson in the middle of the park - surely Delph or Dier would have to play alongside him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom