World Cup 2018 - TV Fixtures & Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

faiz0

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A month to go, Brazil the first team to announce their squad:

Alisson, Ederson, Cássio

Fágner, Danilo, Marcelo, Filipe Luís, Marquinhos, Miranda, Thiago Silva, Geromel

Casemiro, Fernandinho, Fred, Paulinho, Philippe Coutinho, Renato Augusto, Willian

Douglas Costa, Firmino, Gabriel Jesus, Neymar, Taison

Dani Alves misses out through injury.

“I love you from the bottom of my pencil case........”

“Ederson, Alisson, Phillipa, Sue”

Surely

Ederson, Allison, Filipe Luis ......

No?

I’ll get my coat.

That's a scary squad, no Fabinho or Alex Sandro either, what a selection problem to have :laugh:

Apparently Joe Hart won’t make the squad. Fair enough IMO.

Goalkeeper is a really weak position for us along with central midfield.

This’ll please some - Wilshere won’t be in the squad.

Apparently Delph will go.

I think Delph is a great shout and deserves to go. More than Wilshere certainly. His performances this season have been excellent and his versatility always comes in handy.

Goalkeeper is a really weak position for us along with central midfield.

Be in safe hands with Pickford.. goo
Don't forget the last two seasons he's had one of the worst defences in front of him, but his save to shot rate is unquestioned. He is also very good at commanding and laying into his back line when required, something not often seen for someone of his very young age.

Pickford fits Southgate's mould of bringing in the youth and giving them a chance on the world stage.

Not taking Hart was the right decision. Not sure about Jack Wheelchair. Shelvey was worth a punt I thought. Young and Delph and the goalies are good picks. Heaton will be gutted he's missed out through injury.

Apparently Alexander-Arnold has made the squad.

Apparently Alexander-Arnold has made the squad.
Would of been a joke if he never, he will be starting in the biggest club competition game in a few weeks, if that is not good for a world cup place what is ?

Goalkeepers: Butland,Pickford, Pope

Defenders: Walker, Trippier, Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Maguire, Young, Rose

Midfielders: Dier, Delph, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, Lingard, Alli, Sterling

Forwards: Kane, Rashford, Vardy, Welbeck

Well that should put to bed the usual rubbish before every tournament that this is Englands year etc etc, that squad is an embarrassment for a country such as England

Yeah, I would've taken a breeze block instead of Welbeck..!!

Good to see TAA going, I think Shelvey shoulda gone as well though.

Welbeck was always a cert. There are no other strikers, and he's always played well in an England shirt.
I don't have any real issue with the squad, that's about as strong as we have. Bertrand probably deserved to go but he obviously thought Young provides more experience and options.

Shelvey was never going, and shouldn't. He has zero defensive discipline.
Wilshire I'm not bothered about, think he's vastly over-rated, and always an injury concern.
The Ox would've kept these two out all day long too.

The only odd decision for me is Lallana. He's the one intelligent player we have. He's been out for months but fit enough to play last weekend, and has a month to get match fit. Surely you put him in the 23 with someone earmarked as his back-up, rather than the other way around? Odd to have one of our best players on stand-by, if he doesn't think he's fit enough?

Well that should put to bed the usual rubbish before every tournament that this is Englands year etc etc, that squad is an embarrassment for a country such as England
Eh up pal how are you ?

I think that’s a tad harsh but I know where you’re coming from.

Who's the England captain these days? Henderson, Kane or Cahill?

Who's the England captain these days? Henderson, Kane or Cahill?
Either Henderson or Kane I would think. Probably “Hendo”.

Should be Henderson but he'll give it to Kane, seeing as he's the only guaranteed starter + he'd only sulk and nick it off Henderson anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom