world championship rugby

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
been playing this for a few days now and its bloody great :smashin: plays a good game of UNION not like NRL (dirty leaguers lol) and quite frankly it puts to shame EA`s very poor attempt/cash in on the world cup game they released.why is it EA cant make decent european sports games yet they pretty much have the greatest american games ??? anyway it plays quick it it takes a bit of getting use to and the thumb bashing needed to win the scrums and mauls can get a bit harsh on the old thumbs but all in all its a good un :clap: :smashin: now if i can just find the dump the dirty aussie into touch button i`ll be set :)

Sorry mate, but Sega has and will probably always make the best NHL, NBA and NFL games. EA doesn't have a patch on them.

I agree that the EA Rugby game was appauling. It looked like a first gen PS1 game.

no need to be sorry just admit your wrong lol.madden,nhl and possibly this new fight night boxing game(i understand boxing is not an american sport) could not possibly be beaten by sega games of the same genre imho,oh and i forgot nba live.fifa is battered by pro evo in every sence but spelling ;) and rugby well we bot agree on that.

I'm with Games Guru on this one.

EA sports games are glitz and glammor and little content IMHO.

In comparing like for like I find the SEGA games much more playable and enjoyable.

I haven't played Pro Evo (Xbox owner), but FIFA 2004 seemed very poor to me..didn't enjoy it at all.

madden is the daddy of all american footie games as is nba live and MVP baseball aint bad either for a baseball game SSX tricky is superb aswell.but like i have said the rest off there sporting line ups are all flash no play and fifa is the worse culprit of that.the american sports are bloody great but the rest :(

Must admit to being a massive US footy fan..luved the madden series on the mega drive..but for me ESPN Football is the nuts!

Madden doesn't get a look in...I even thought that NFL Fever played better!

The Sega games generally play better. EA focus far to much on presentation and not enough on gameplay. ESPN NHL, ESPN NFL and ESPN NBA are all better IMO than their EA counterparts. To be fair though the American EA sports games are not bad, just not up to the Sega games IMO.

I concur. ESPN blows Madden out of the water, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. No competition really.

Cap :)

Silverback, are you still playing this and if so how are you finding it now as i am pretty tempted to get it, cheers inza

yeah i am INZA i rate this game quite a bit especially in the rugby genre of games,the only thing that comes close is NRL and that plays a good game of rugby aswell.so if your a league man or union you really cant go wrong with either of them.if i was you i would rent it for a couple of days mate and see how you get on before you buy because i dont want you coming on here blaming me for a game that only lasts for 2 days lol.

you use the shoulders for left and right pass push the analogue stick in for speed (or yellow button) and the only thing that bothers me is the turbo function to be honest but once you get use to it its fine.i put the turbo thing down to the fact i have been playing pro evo to long lol.

i might have to give these sega games a bit of a go then seeing as there thought of so highly.

No problemo Silverback will give it a rental first, but you were right about ninja gaiden being excellent so ;)

excellent and BLOODY ROCK HARD lol.i havent even played it since the airship level mate lol its an absolute nightmare and the frustration levels where just to much lol.besides i can take my frustration out on the aussies now lol with a few late tackles ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom