Works laptop - Going around in circles!

themilkman23

Evening all, I think I'm driving myself steadily crazy at the moment.

Long story short , started a new job just before Christmas as the IT Support for the place and have been given the go ahead to get myself a laptop with a budget of around £500 - probably push up to £550.

It's going to be used for normal day to day stuff but also taking out to satellite offices we have for fault finding etc... So can't be too big or too small.

I did settle on the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge (Lenovo - Laptop computers - ThinkPad Edge Series - United Kingdom(UK)) but for some reason it wouldn't take the credit card, when I called them they said they had recently been hacked and card companies were blocking their charges so to phone up and tell them to let them through - Yeah right.

So looking for a 13" to 15" laptop that is running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.

Before anyone jumps in and asks why I'm working in IT and can't pick my own laptop - I'm just so indecisive with regards to my equipment. I had to order four laptops for other users this week and it took me 30 mins to pick them and get the ok for them. Mine on the other hand, two days later and I still can't pick one!

brookheather

Distinguished Member

themilkman23

Thanks for that, and fair play that is exactly the type of thing I am looking for, good cpu and 4gb of RAM. :smashin:

The only problem is that it is running Windows 7 Home Premium, whereas I need Professional or Ultimate which would be another £100 I think?

themilkman23

P.S. The lack of a DVD drive is not a big deal as I understand things need to be sacrificed. Damn, just looking at that Tosh again and it is very very nice.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom