Workprogramme.org.uk

Discussion in 'Politics & The Economy' started by GAZBEROTTEN, Dec 29, 2011.

1. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
  2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42,666
    What would you like to discuss?
    the website, the posts on it or that you are shocked?

3. dovercat

dovercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you shocked did you seriously think the people using the service would be happy.

Since the people on the scheme have been portrayed as workshy and deserving a kick up the backside, why are they surprised the providers bully and insult them.

The old schemes were basically merry go rounds of work placements, with providers and employers looting the payment by results and leaving the claimant just as worse off as when they started, no permanent job. Why be surprised if this turns out no different.

The old schemes also got bailed out so the providers did not lose money. The payment by results and potential losses for providers if they fail to achieve is therefor likely to be a lie.

I would of thought the reason why the providers are not taking those facing severe barriers to employability was obvious, they get paid by results so are cherry picking.

I expect you also have issues of people facing severe barriers to employability who might posse a risk of violence or suicide. Insulting and bullying people might prove hazardous. Others with illnesses or disabilities might be difficult to find work placements for. A employer might be happy to get free labour but not happy being a free care day center.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  4. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    All valid points good sir. However the fact this programme is failing should be a goldmine for Lawfirms to get lawsuits filed and im pretty sure that if these problems continue then that programme wont be around for to long before the government has to admit to scrapping it.

There are more affective and cost friendly ways to help the unemployed find work that isnt one of them. All it will do is give employers 4 weeks of free labour and they will only find another person with excuses to avoid taking anyone on.

Of course id be happy to tell you how to tackle the unemployment problem and save this country a fortune but that isnt the topic.

Gaz:smashin:

5. sidicks

sidicks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    Of course you would.

Is this the point where you pretend to have a solution to the country's problems but fail to post anything of any substance?
    :confused:
    Sidicks

6. GasDad

GasDad
    Remembered (1964-2012)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    Given you thought we were in the Euro and you didn't know what VAT stood for etc; I'm sure you're incredibly well qualified to comment on the economy.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

7. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647

Actually it is, so do tell.

8. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Vat = Value And Tax

And last time i checked Britain was in Europe was it not Gas Dad so we are within Europe :smashin:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,814
    VAT = Value Added Tax

And do you even know what the euro is?

10. sidicks

sidicks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    Fail!
    :facepalm:

Fail^2

Are you going to tell us about the deficit next??
    :confused:
    Sidicks

11. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    So the Uk isnt in Europe is it not?

Want to re evalute that last post:cool:

Yeah i got the vat thing wrong problem?

Very well be warned this could upset a lot of Coalition Supporters on this website.

The Job Centre Plus Organization should have amendments made to the current Job Seekers Agreement Act.

One amendment should be made to make it compulsory for every Job Seekers Allowance Claimant to hand in update copies of there C.V. These will then be stored on computer for potential employers to request and look at who would offer work to those seeking it.

Also look at the Official Job Centre Plus website all it has is a simple search feature. The website could be expanded by allowing Job Centre Plus Staff to upload customers c.vs to the website for employers to look at and any C.V they like they would call that person in for an interview.

To prevent any tom dick and harry from accessing those C.Vs the employers would need to request a unique pin number from the Job Centre which would be posted out to them. This would allow employers to verify who they are and allow them to access millions of C.V's of the unemployed which would allow them to find suitable applicants fast.

This would also tackle a lot of unemployment doing this. Also is the fact the Job Centre Plus website really needs to expand its job search feature to search all other Job websites out there. This will open up more jobs and allow more unemployed people to find work.

Secondly Recruitment companys should also be invited to that website and offered access to those C.Vs on the website which will open up more Jobs.

In the Job Centres themselves there needs to be regular visits by Recruitment firms who can offer Jobs in the Job Centre which allows JCP staff to give them any C.Vs of any worthy customers suitable for the jobs on offer.

Part two comming soon explaining what to do with the long term unemployed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  12. sidicks

sidicks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    The post was about the Euro not Europe!
    :facepalm:

Again!

Tell us about the deficit!!
    :hiya:

13. dovercat

dovercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would reduce benefit entitlement to people convicted of criminal offenses by 20% for three years after conviction. That would save a bit of money and works with the idea of a social contract between claimant and society. Also scrap support for mortgage interest payments for claimants in prision. I disagree with paying someones mortgage interest for up to a year when they are in prison

I would not bother with the various compulsory schemes to help people into employment. Make them all voluntary you can lead a horse to water you can not make it drink. Most people will want to work due to the relative poverty. Alternatively give people the option of opting out of the various job club, work placements etc.... by taking a voluntary cut in JSA of 20%.

To tackle working while claiming JSA increase the penalty for claimants and employers to a month in prison.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    After we corrected you about this some months ago, I'm starting to think you don't listen to a word anyone says. :facepalm::suicide:

15. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    That all sounds fair enough, although if I were an employer I'm not sure I'd want to wade through millions of CV's to find a few that are suitable. The idea of a centralised database for employability purposes does sound useful, CV's in a word style form less so.

I do dislike the whole 'customer' thing that government departments have, I'm not their customer or client they are public servants, they have a service to deliver. Off topic but it annoys me, just like the use of consumers where customer was more appropriate (i.e. private sector).

Your suggestion doesn't address the problem though, most employers are also looking for motivated staff who will put some effort into finding them, but a bit of help in finding each other can't hurt.

16. Surebrec

Surebrec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    [​IMG]

17. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19,820
    VAT is Value Added Tax, it's a tax on things considered 'a luxury' so it is on CDs and electronic goods but not childrens clothes or newspapers and books.

Geographically we are in Europe, we are also a member of the EU at present but we are not in the Euro. Do you need this explaining further?

18. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19,820
    Numerous websites do this already. Linkedin for instance.

19. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    But not the job centre plus website. If other websites can do it why not Job Centre Plus