1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working HTPC - LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by shadi, Mar 1, 2005.

1. shadi

shadi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a working HTPC - LCD configuration. I need to decide on what LCD and Graphics card to buy. I would ideally like HD (via component/DVI). I want to run hight quality DVD/Freeeview from my HTPC.

I was looking at the nVidia 6600 GT card with the component dongle.

At the moment a working configuration is more important than the price. I'd rather spend more on a working configuration than less on something that does not work.

Would you mind sharing your configuations with the rest of the forum?

:thumbsup:

Thanks and Regards

Shad

2. hoyin

hoyin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you need a Geforce 6600GT with a component dongle?

Surely you should use the DVI?

I have a geforce 6600GT with a 26" Sharp LCD works with a nebula DigiTV card and connected via DVI.

The quality is good very good, but I am unhappy because it does not do smooth slow pans .. there is a slight jerkiness.

Something that cannot be overcome. You may not notice it .. but I do and it annoys me immensely.

3. shadi

shadi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the surface you are correct.

Reading through the forums there seem to be many users who have LCD's (Toshiba 32") that seem to have problems getting this configuration to work

The Gigabyte 6600GT and MSI 6600GT have D-SUB, DVI. The added dongle/breakout cable gives you that little bit of extra flexibility by allowing the use of Component.

I thought this was a good guide;

http://htpcnews.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9263

Warm Regards

Shad