Work socks

MartinMiller

Im after some good work socks for using with boots. Anyone got any suggestions? The ones i use just now are from asda but seem to shrink in the wash.

stiv674

I tend to use hiking style socks, Bridgedale is one make I've got. Also got some cheap Dickies ones, not as comfortable but ok for the money.

Dony

Distinguished Member
I’ve a pair from one of the Outdoor outlet stores. The label claimed they were 9 times warmer than regular socks.

Wearing them now actually and my feet are toasty. Normally worn under Cat work boots.

MartinMiller

I’ve a pair from one of the Outdoor outlet stores. The label claimed they were 9 times warmer than regular socks.

Wearing them now actually and my feet are toasty. Normally worn under Cat work boots.
What store?

arenaman

Aren't socks just socks unless you're going climbing mountains or trekking across the antarctic?

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I have a couple of pairs of Dickies which come up to the knee had them for years and although not worn that often are still in excellent condition .

leo79

Another shout for dickies, or dewalt ones are OK from screwfix

nvingo

Just to warn against the 'work socks' from Matalan; from a pack of five pairs, all holed above the heel after what seems like less than 6 months only worn weekdays (safety boots,flt driver).
Contrast with previous lot from Poundland (£1/pair) which seemed to last for years.

bobflunkit

Bridgedale socks. Spend a lot of time on my feet at work(Postie) and I’ve got asstd bridgedale socks for different times of the year (hot and cold). At least 1 pair is 20 yrs old and looks like they’ll last another 20. Washed without fabric conditioner and never tumble dried. Ok, they aren’t cheap but value for money is outstanding.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom