Work on an old picture

Pete Delaney

Prominent Member
Reaction score
And give it a completely different perspective/feel. An old Cyprus shot.

6553656361_7c364d896a_b.jpg

Pete.

Didn't realise you were asking us to try it out Pete :D

...will give it a go later :)

Got a link to the original shot Pete as opposed to your processed version ?

Jim

Didn't realise you were asking us to try it out Pete :D

...will give it a go later :)

Got a link to the original shot Pete as opposed to your processed version ?

Jim

I should've put the original one up with the mono...never mind...I think mines too purple in tint now and reckon pure B&W would've been better.

Just find a shot you have and do a before and after if you like. The original of that Cyprus shot is buried deep on my NAS 'somewhere' :rolleyes:

I must be bored today......:suicide:

Okey Dokey :)

I should've put the original one up with the mono...never mind...I think mines too purple in tint now and reckon pure B&W would've been better.

Just find a shot you have and do a before and after if you like. The original of that Cyprus shot is buried deep on my NAS 'somewhere' :rolleyes:

Ah, didn't realise you wanted people to show a before/after of one of their shots. Thought you wanted us to have a go at yours :facepalm:
I'll take the one above off.

Darren

Ah, didn't realise you wanted people to show a before/after of one of their shots. Thought you wanted us to have a go at yours :facepalm:
I'll take the one above off.

Darren

Either way it's a good idea for those 'bored' enough... drag out a shot and give it some different PP... be arty:p

I thought you did a good job:smashin:

I'm not too good at PP, but here's a quick go of a pic that I really like of our 2 boys in Ibiza in 2004 when they were 9 and 7. It was a pretty crap camera though ... A Sony, if I remember rightly! :eek: :devil: :D ... only joking, Jim. :) ... The last time my lads were pals, I suspect! :rolleyes: Anyway, I think an animated effect works ...

1. Original

2. PP'd version

I like this picture so much, that I did a watercolour painting of it a few years ago ... not great, but I was just starting out at that stage :blush: ...

3. Watercolour

:)

Wow... that's radical and the gulls in the last one are a great touch:) Anything goes as it's to your own taste really. I have tons of shots I could have a go at but the aim of the post is just to make you think how your photos could be re-done. Perhaps just a couple of your favourites to print and pop on the wall.

I am going to definitely print more of mine next year!! They're no good sat on a hard drive when they could be framed :smashin:

Pete.

Here's an old pic from back in 2005. I thought it was lacking in all departments so I did a bit of PP to give it a second chance in life. Though this PP was done back at the time of shot, I might have another go at it. Anyone else feels the urge to try, be my guest. :smashin:

IMG_0067 by GaseousClay1, on Flickr

blur0067 by GaseousClay1, on Flickr

Here's an old pic from back in 2005. I thought it was lacking in all departments so I did a bit of PP to give it a second chance in life. Though this PP was done back at the time of shot, I might have another go at it. Anyone else feels the urge to try, be my guest. :smashin:

Mmmmm I reckon very strong B&W with lots of sharpening and grain could give an industrial metalised feel?

Agree, Good idea !

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_989484.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS-30D
Lens:Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM for Canon
Date: Apr 18, 2010
Aperture: f8
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/200

My pp skills are very, very basic so I was pleased with the results for the finished job.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_869277.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not too good at PP, but here's a quick go of a pic that I really like of our 2 boys in Ibiza in 2004 when they were 9 and 7. It was a pretty crap camera though ... A Sony, if I remember rightly! :eek: :devil: :D ... only joking, Jim. :) ... The last time my lads were pals, I suspect! :rolleyes: Anyway, I think an animated effect works ...

1. Original
[URL=http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8981/722g.jpg]image
[/URL]

2. PP'd version
[URL=http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9928/722a.jpg]image
[/URL]

I like this picture so much, that I did a watercolour painting of it a few years ago ... not great, but I was just starting out at that stage :blush: ...

3. Watercolour
[URL=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4126/watercolourcopy.jpg]image
[/URL]

:)

Love the watercolour - :thumbsup:

Agreed ... very nice indeed and the crop at the bottom definitely improves it too, taking out the crowd.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys thats really kind :D I hadn't even thought of a print, but it is my desktop background now, and i'll consider a print :)

Last edited:
Agree, Good idea !

Camera: Canon EOS-30D
Lens:Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM for Canon
Date: Apr 18, 2010
Aperture: f8
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/200

My pp skills are very, very basic so I was pleased with the results for the finished job.

Fantastic job there, great vision.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom