Work leasing through alphabet?

rb5201

Hi all, I work for tesco and recently we have done a staff deal leasing cars through company called alphabet.

The lease deals seem too good to be true, we have looked at new mini clubman, chilli spec with a couple if other small extras. Zero deposit (so can sell my car private and put approx 4k into the bank!) 10k per year over 4 years, all,servicing and breakdown cover, punctures covered. £286 a month.

Bmw dealer can't even come close with a 4k deposit.

Always concerned when things seem to good to be true.

Has anyone used this firm or does anyone's work offer similar?

rousetafarian

Hi all, I work for tesco and recently we have done a staff deal leasing cars through company called alphabet.

The lease deals seem too good to be true, we have looked at new mini clubman, chilli spec with a couple if other small extras. Zero deposit (so can sell my car private and put approx 4k into the bank!) 10k per year over 4 years, all,servicing and breakdown cover, punctures covered. £286 a month.

Bmw dealer can't even come close with a 4k deposit.

Always concerned when things seem to good to be true.

Has anyone used this firm or does anyone's work offer similar?
I'd be surprised if Tesco hadn't done their due diligence when choosing a partner.....if I'm not mistaken there are tax or NI breaks for the employer too.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Is that £286 including or excluding VAT?
If we assume it's including the VAT, it totals £13728.00 over the four years.
That's equivalent to £361 per month on a more traditional 3 year (38 months) deal.
Doesn't strike me as either brilliant or bad, seems about right(ish).

un1eash

Distinguished Member
Price does seem about normal for a 4 year lease, there were some really cheap Cooper s deals floating around at one point. Most lease tend to be 2-3 years not 4 or FRZ's 38 month. :D

rb5201

Biggest draw seems to be the no deposit, can only get near that price by putting about 4k down. Rather have that in the bank!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
We've just got a lease car at work through Alphabet. It was initially through Evans Halshaw. Amazing deal on a Mini Cooper. Alphabet are owned by BMW I believe, so you aren't dealing with a small outfit.

rb5201

We've just got a lease car at work through Alphabet. It was initially through Evans Halshaw. Amazing deal on a Mini Cooper. Alphabet are owned by BMW I believe, so you aren't dealing with a small outfit.
That's good to know. No upfront cost makes the biggest difference. How long did you have to wait for your car? Was it built to order or did they find one prebuilt to the spec you wanted?

Thanks.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
That's good to know. No upfront cost makes the biggest difference. How long did you have to wait for your car? Was it built to order or did they find one prebuilt to the spec you wanted?

Thanks.
It was so cheap I imagine they had a load of spare ones somewhere. We waited about a week for it.
We did have to pay 9 months up front though, but it was so cheap it didn't really matter.

rb5201

Wow a week is good! Just deciding in if the service pack is worth the money. Did you have that option?

Works out about £24 a month which covers all services, puncture repairs, and exhaust replacement if it needs it. Tyres get replaced at 12k which would make it worthwhile, but if they need replacing earlier then it not such good value.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Wow a week is good! Just deciding in if the service pack is worth the money. Did you have that option?

Works out about £24 a month which covers all services, puncture repairs, and exhaust replacement if it needs it. Tyres get replaced at 12k which would make it worthwhile, but if they need replacing earlier then it not such good value.
No we never had that option. Sounds like a reasonable deal there. Although exhausts never seem to need replacing these days.

AMc

Distinguished Member
Buying a Mini direct from BMW you used to be able to get the TLC pack which for a few hundred covered IIRC at least one inspection service and the first oil service may be more - it was a brilliant deal. We used it on a used car to get the first oil service. You might want to see if that's available direct from the delivering dealer.
The inspection/service interval on the Mini is pretty long so you may not need more than the first inspection and first oil service so get the prices from BMW to judge the value.

Our '05 Cooper S has had a small hole in one of the back boxes of the exhaust. It's a double stainless steel job and >£1500 to replace so every year the garage puts a patch over the hole for the MOT which comes off during the year, as it's virtually at the pipe exit it makes little difference apart form an MOT pass/fail.

rb5201

Think that is their tlc pack which is good value if you are going to keep car for a few years. We are going to Lease for 2 years and only looking at doing about 6-8k a year so works out better just to pay service myself and save monthly money.

Ordered today!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom