Words that sound rude that really aren't.

Thug

We all know a word/sentence that we think sounds rude that really isn't.

I will start with...

Flange.

Now, lets keep this on track and out of the gutter like my last post descended into.

IronGiant

@Thug I hate to worry you, but if you look that one up on Urban Dictionary you will not be happy.

Thug

@Thug I hate to worry you, but if you look that one up on Urban Dictionary you will not be happy.
Yeah I know it has various meanings, but its also a part of machinery that butts up against another, so quite innocent.

rousetafarian

Before this escalates, let's remember it's a family friendly forum with younger members.

Just in case.

raduv1

Distinguished Member

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
loads in the natural world....

i always like the tropical fish, the bummalo...more often goes by the more well-known name - bombay duck...

or the bird, the skiddy cock....

Thug

Shuttlecock.

Dony

Distinguished Member
Fallujah - City in Iraq, but an Irish dj used it to describe lady parts.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Yeah, Urban Dictionary ruins innocence. Even Mary Poppins isn't immune.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Gusset , even the better half agrees that its so so wrong

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Smeg , I still have trouble purchasing an electrical appliances with this in bold font :laugh:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Cockarouse
(a person of consequence among the American colonists)

Cock-Head
(the rounded or pointed top of a grinding-mill spindle forming a support for the stone)

Prickshaft
(an arrow used specifically in target practice, or can refers to the arrow that falls most closely to the target in a game of archery.)

Slut-Hole
(A Victorian English word for a bin or garbage heap, or a receptacle for rubbish.)

Spunk-Water
(Nineteenth century American slang for the water that collects in hollows of tree stumps, spunk-water was once believed to be a cure for warts; Mark Twain mentions it in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.)

Vaginula
(the part of the archegonium of a moss enveloping the base of the embryo or seta after the upper part has been torn away)

I guess if you find a lot of Spunk Water, you can always put it into the Slut Hole, making sure you don't damage any Vaginula nearby.

;)

balidey

Distinguished Member
I once managed to use this sentence in my job (Engineer)...
You need to put a stiffening member next to the front bottom hole.
That was a good day.

bl0ckev

"Couldn't" pronounced in yorkshire sounds very similar to the naughtiest of swear words.

Jo bloggs: "You could do this"
Yorkshire person: "c***"

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I have been know to act innocent, when using phrases such as in Carry On Films....
There are various pieces of checking equipment I take to the female office person on a Monday morning to do the paperwork and pack for postage.
It was a long box that would not fit in a normal container.
So I took it up to her and said, I wanted to show her how long it was today, so she did not get a surprise when she saw the size of it at the last moment on Monday.

childish I know.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series