Words & Phrases You're Sick Of Hearing

OG stands for 'Original Gangsta' and that's it. It's not so much the 'sneaker culture' that has shortened it, it's just the evolution of language full stop. My teenage daughter for example says 'K' instead of 'Okay' - I call it lazy, but it's not really, it's just change.
OG will always mean 'Original Gangsta', if it's shortened by the yoof of today, so be it, but I know what it really means, because I'm old :rotfl:
I know. I know what it means and what it stands for, but it’s used to mean ‘original‘ regardless of this. Most kids who say it don’t even know what it means, nor that it even has a meaning, they just use it to mean original. They don’t know much about the Crips!

I didn’t say sneaker culture shortened it, I said that’s arguably how it was introduced to this generation, and so it possibly explains the way they use it. For my sins, I’ve had to work in that field, and I’ve had to listen to manufacturers bang on about ’dropping OG’ products. The companies in that industry use OG/original interchangeably.

I am also old.

Yup, real gangster times. You had a teardrop tattoo for every TV you’d returned to John Lewis and you had to have a bandana hanging out your back right pocket. Well, I say bandana, more a microfibre screen cloth.

An annoying one from films (and wouldn’t surprise me if said in real life):

“You can’t do this, I’m an American!”

I noticed this recently but I’m now seeing lots. Your second or my second. Mostly in crap random Facebook stuff.
Would you trust your second with….
Would you take your second……
When did best friend get relegated to second?!

I noticed this recently but I’m now seeing lots. Your second or my second. Mostly in crap random Facebook stuff.
Would you trust your second with….
Would you take your second……
When did best friend get relegated to second?!

Now you mention it, the term “social influencer” gets on my boobs.

Now you mention it, the term “social influencer” gets on my boobs.
'Moron influencer' would be more apt.

Pied Piper.jpg

Correct

OG stands for 'Original Gangsta' and that's it. It's not so much the 'sneaker culture' that has shortened it, it's just the evolution of language full stop. My teenage daughter for example says 'K' instead of 'Okay' - I call it lazy, but it's not really, it's just change.
OG will always mean 'Original Gangsta', if it's shortened by the yoof of today, so be it, but I know what it really means, because I'm old :rotfl:
Not too many OG Ice T fans around here. I'm shocked.

"Don't forget to smash that like button guys."

When people put “gaming” before everything;
Gaming desk, gaming chair, gaming pc, gaming monitor….

When people put “gaming” before everything;
Gaming desk, gaming chair, gaming pc, gaming monitor….

I said this years ago but with 'sports' - sports coat, sports jacket, sports car, sports exhaust. Just a way to get 'men' to buy it :)

The word 'Pingdemic' can fudge off already, I'm fed up of it :laugh:

I still haven't understood who has this app and why - what is the upside?

I still haven't understood who has this app and why - what is the upside?
Because depending on your employment situation, you could have 10 days off fully paid without using any of your holiday allowance.

Because depending on your employment situation, you could have 10 days off fully paid without using any of your holiday allowance.

I see - I did wonder if it was the workshy. However I know a few people that have been pinged and they have to use holiday allowance or take it unpaid - why turn it on? 🤷‍♂️

I see - I did wonder if it was the workshy. However I know a few people that have been pinged and they have to use holiday allowance or take it unpaid - why turn it on? 🤷‍♂️
Yes, like i say, depends on your employment contract.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom