Word to describe film series

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm re-organising my digital film library and would like to put film series in a parent folder, only I'm not sure what the call the parent folder name.

For example, something like Batman that is so far 7 film (inc. TDKR), Indi which is 5 films (inc. the upcoming one).

I thought 'Collection', so Batman Collection, Indiana Jones Collection, Alien Collection etc.

But what about films who's names do not coninue, like Meet the Parents/Fockers/Little Fockers etc. Meet the Parents Collection would not quite be right I don't think!

But is there an official terminology.

I think the way to go is using a keyword.

For example I would use the "Focker Collection" in the example you gave, even though the first movie in the series is called something different. Focker is the defining keyword.

Name it the Hollywood way! ;)
Alien Quadrilogy
Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Batman Heptrilogy
:suicide:

'****ers'? :D

Couldn't you just lump them all together in a 'comedy' category?

A Fokkers collection?

How about Fokking rubbish?! ;)

Ive said it before but if you want to see De Niro...being you know, funny, then you need look no further than The King of Comedy (sadly not on blu yet).

Hi Jim,

Ive said it before but if you want to see De Niro...being you know, funny, then you need look no further than The King of Comedy (sadly not on blu yet).

I respectfully disagree - 1987's MIDNIGHT RUN was De Niro's best comedy film. :)

Pooch

Name it the Hollywood way! ;)
Alien Quadrilogy
Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Batman Heptrilogy
:suicide:

I should have said excluding the traditional terminology.

As Hollywood will eventually make another film in most series so i'd always be playing catchup with folder names!

I went with collection, with films with varying titles, I just umbrella them under the first or most well known of the series ;)

That's what I ended up doing. Best way really as for example you can find all Indie films in one place even though Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn't have the 'Indiana Jones and the' prefix.

I believe the correct term for these things is 'franchise'.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom