• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Word to describe film series

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hiya,

I'm re-organising my digital film library and would like to put film series in a parent folder, only I'm not sure what the call the parent folder name.

For example, something like Batman that is so far 7 film (inc. TDKR), Indi which is 5 films (inc. the upcoming one).

I thought 'Collection', so Batman Collection, Indiana Jones Collection, Alien Collection etc.

But what about films who's names do not coninue, like Meet the Parents/Fockers/Little Fockers etc. Meet the Parents Collection would not quite be right I don't think!

But is there an official terminology.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I think the way to go is using a keyword.

For example I would use the "Focker Collection" in the example you gave, even though the first movie in the series is called something different. Focker is the defining keyword.

CJPowers81

But what about films who's names do not coninue, like Meet the Parents/Fockers/Little Fockers etc. Meet the Parents Collection would not quite be right I don't think!

'****ers'? :D

Couldn't you just lump them all together in a 'comedy' category?

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi Jim,

Ive said it before but if you want to see De Niro...being you know, funny, then you need look no further than The King of Comedy (sadly not on blu yet).

I respectfully disagree - 1987's MIDNIGHT RUN was De Niro's best comedy film. :)

Pooch

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Name it the Hollywood way! ;)
Alien Quadrilogy
Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Batman Heptrilogy
:suicide:

I should have said excluding the traditional terminology.

As Hollywood will eventually make another film in most series so i'd always be playing catchup with folder names!

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
I went with collection, with films with varying titles, I just umbrella them under the first or most well known of the series ;)

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
That's what I ended up doing. Best way really as for example you can find all Indie films in one place even though Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn't have the 'Indiana Jones and the' prefix.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom