1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word of warning (ZULU)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PFM, Apr 18, 2001.

1. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just a quick word of warning for those like me in the process of replacing their VHS back catalog.

I saw & ordered Zulu R1 (at the amazing price of £6.99) online,from Future Entertainment and received it within 48Hrs (impressive!!)

HOWEVER, the distributing company is "Front Row Entertainment" & not Paramount (the original distributer - to my knowledge). The transfer is absolutely disgraceful, (my VHS copy beat it hands down frame for frame) it look like a digital transfer from a really old and ropey NTSC VHS version.

So the word is be careful when buying & check the distributer...

Fortunately those good people at Future Ent. have agreed to give me a credit note against another purchase upon receiving the DVD back.
    But they also say that they have sold hundreds of copies without complaint.... Surely folks you are not putting up with such low transfer standards are you???

Please let me know if you have purchased the aforementioned and your thoughts on it. :confused:

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I know what you mean. Got mine for $8.99 Stateside, boy did I feel swindled when I got it home. We can only hope that in the fullness of time Zulu gets the 'SE' treatment it surely deserves.