Woolworths - For those left waiting..

Matt_

Standard Member
Reaction score
Phoned up Woolworths this morning to see whats happened to all of us without consoles and the status still on 'Pre-Order New Release'. The lady on the phone said 'the majority of people will have received there Wii's yesterday or over this weekend. but for the people who havent they will be sent out in the next few days. but definatly x 3 before christmas'.

reason stock allways low on console is for idiots that order from 10 stores and sell them all on ebay they should be shot hate them :thumbsdow

I think ebay has been a real driver in the (over) hyping of demand. Prior to the 360 IIRC ebay was not really a major factor in the release of consoles. Now there are compnaies as well as privite individuals who are pre ordering as many as possible in order to make money out of the poor unforunates who want one on or near release date. Can't see much you can do about it. Hardly think ebay will ban this practice and until people become ultra patiant about getting a console on or near release day, unfortunatley, it aint gonna change!

Ordered mine online at Woolworths just 3 weeks ago but it arrived yesterday morning! Nice one Wollies! Still waiting for my HD-DVD drive for my 360 that I ordered from HMV though. Maybe I should have done than through Woolworth too!

I just got ÂŁ20 in vouchers for them cancelling my Wii pre order. A big thumbs up from me as I wasn't expecting to get it anyway!

Phoned up Woolworths this morning to see whats happened to all of us without consoles and the status still on 'Pre-Order New Release'. The lady on the phone said 'the majority of people will have received there Wii's yesterday or over this weekend. but for the people who havent they will be sent out in the next few days. but definatly x 3 before christmas'.

I plan to give them till Tuesday before hassling for a confirmed date, I'm also on pre-oder or new release with delivery date of the 8th Dec

Im in the same situation 'AV Killed my CC', I'll probably phone if its not here by tuesday aswell. In my experience dont bother emailing them, I got one email basically saying 'if you dont like it cancel'. Phone staff seem pretty nice :)

My order from 25th november has just changed to ready for dispatch, fingers corssed :)

component cable from them still says back order though ;(

Ordered mine on 26th and its still saying 'Back order pre release'

I ordered mine at 0827 on the 27th.

Any ideas when it should arrive? Will call them later anyway

I picked up Wii Play and an extra nunchuka on Saturday but the console was still at Back Order of Pre Release until this morning. Now its showing as Ready For Dispatch. Cool

Anyone got their number please?
Can't find it on their website... the website just asks me to send messages, but obviously they never reply.

Welcome to Woolworths Stores Customer Relations

If you have any queries or complaints regarding our stores or products, please do not hesitate to contact us. (for web site enquiries click here)

We are open 6 days a week, Monday to Friday 08:00 - 18:00, and Saturday 09:00 - 17:00, please contact us either by phone, email or writing

Contact Us About Any In Store Issue:

How When Details

Telephone

Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00 & Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
(01706) 862789 (select 'Option 1')

Email

Anytime!
[email protected]

I ordered on the 25th nov at 7:16pm and it now says ready for dispatch !!! wooooo

Been ringing all day.... their phone is always engaged!!!

I ordered on the 27th and it says Ready for Despatch

its funny how you bitch and moan about people selling them for more and you think it a outrage but the major outrage is that you were too lazy to pre order one.
i commend the people that bought a few, they saw a oppertunity and they took it kudos to you all, kudos

... in order to make money out of the poor unforunates who want one on or near release date.

Poor unfortunates because they can't get a nice shiny new console on the day of release? Hardly. Doesn't kill anyone to wait a few weeks now does it?:)

As someone else said, pre-order, it ain't difficult (although I know that's a bit of a lottery in itself!).

Poor unfortunates because they can't get a nice shiny new console on the day of release? Hardly. Doesn't kill anyone to wait a few weeks now does it?:)

As someone else said, pre-order, it ain't difficult (although I know that's a bit of a lottery in itself!).

Just for the record - I was being sarcastic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom