1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woolworths Buy 1 get 1 Half Price

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Ekko Star, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    On all chart DVD's....good offer. :thumbsup:

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,349
    Have they done an 'HMV' on this offer? or is it genuine?

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Pretty genuine, they haven't lifted any of their instore prices !

Best offer on the Hight St at the moment I believe.

4. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's an HMV job. :thumbsdow In the Falkirk store in Scotland most prices are WAY higher than in any of the other stores in the area. £31.99 for Spiderman 2 giftset? Hell even Virgin had it for £27.99 (but you could get that for a LOT less with some of the £5 vouchers :thumbsup: )

£45 for Harry Potter boxset (although it says £39.99 at another part of the store) yet it's only £32-35 in the rest of the shops.

If you wanted Harry Potter trilogy though you could get the double boxset in the digipack cases for £19.99 (I noticed that still in the Woolies chart) and then get Harry Potter 3 for half price making that LOADS less than the new box set. (then again I think they had Harry Potter 3 for £19.99 yet it's only £14.97 in Tesco/Asda or even less if you do the GAME scam (2 cheap games then pay 99p for it)

Hell there are so many shops doing deals that if you shop around for an hour or so you see how bad the woolies thing is. :thumbsdow

5. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    Agreed, Woolies offer no big deal. Although comment has been made of HMV's bogof you can get decent bargains, well I have anyway The Longest Day, two disc jobby and Shawn Of The Dead £19:98, online at the moment they cost more. Woolies offers are nothing special, eg The Day After Tomorrow, two disc £19:99 then get Spiderman 2 for £8:99 = £29:98, basically £15 each. Give it a short while and you'll get two for twenty, in my opinion Wait for the sales.

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I picked up two spiderman 2's.

£26.98 in total, made them £13.49 each ?

Didn't find any deal that could make Chart DVD's that price, so pretty good for me. :thumbsup:

7. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    HMV, Woolies, MVC etc they all suck at offers, why bother getting ripped off for DVDs in the high streets when you can save loads buying online? we should adopt the american attitude of low prices = more consumers = more profit
    i went into woolies today and the buy 1 get 1 half price was a joke. you could just buy the DVDs online and get the same price or less without having to wait for 'special deals' at certain times of the year. Anyway ill stop ranting now lol
    (these are my own opinions of course)

8. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    woolies have been good with their offers but this one is just a rip off, they have blatantly marked up the prices of anything worth getting, ie £21.99 for van helsing ( 2 disc ) and £21.99 for red dwarf V (with starbug) which works out to £16.50 each which is only 49p less than they would normally cost RRP and much more than they would cost online.

9. sollas001

sollas001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cds don't look so bad - Pink Floyd Dark Side 6.99 plus 1 half price - PF usually not reduced often - like Beatles.

I've seen deleted Disney DVs at Wools - Lady/ Tramp, Aristo s. Still kicking myself for the Blockbusters 2 Disc Snow White last Xmas non-sale for under £20. :oops:

10. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It seems to be dependent on the Woolies you go to. My local one has kept all the prices the same as they were prior to the offer (15.99-16.99) depending on the title. I got Spiderman 2 and Harry Potter for 13.99 each.

Not a massive saving and I know I could have probably matched the prices on the net, but at least by picking them up from a shop you dont have to wait for Mr Postman.