woohoooo!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Smurfin, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    Just ordered my PTAE-100 from Sevenoaks in Cambridge.

For those of you who have read some of my previous (and confused!:confused: ) posts, I've only just bought my latest DVD player (pioneer 646a with no component and no progressive scan) and I was regretting the decision.

Well the chaps at Sevenoaks did the following for me:

PTAE-100 list price £1500, their price £1400.

They said the best price they would do is £1300 (thats bloody good from a high street retailer).

They ALSO agreed to swap my Pioneer (I've had it over a month) for the Toshiba 510, which as you know has component outputs and progressive scan:D

Total cost £1350 (the 510 is £50 more expensive than my Pioneer).

Can't tell you how chuffed I am, £1350 including swapping my now (officially) 2nd hand DVD player!

At least when I get my new PJ I can rest assured that the picture will be almost as good as it can be (without going down the HCPC and iScan route).

Also bought a Draper 6' screen from AndyF, and picked it up today.:p

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make a good ceiling mount for the panny....and I suck at DIY!:( [anyone on here making them for a charge at all?;) ]

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Unicol are but that's a rather hefty charge :eek:

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    £200!

If they don't get you on the projector cost, they get you on everything else:(

4. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made my own bracket, based on someone else's design here. Could not be easier, all you have to do is get enough enthusiasm to go to a timber merchant. They cut the wood to size and you just screw it together (like lego, almost -:0 ). Lick of paint. £15 for a bracket that is descreet and smart. Have a search on the forum here (search for mdf bracket). You need no DIY skills and it looks a lot more elegant than an expensive metal arm / bracket.

Regards

Roger