Woohoo Sky HD, Sky + multiroom

nickymarshall

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just had the standard Sky box in my lounge replaced with HD and Sky + in the bedroom.

I have to say the HD movies look great on my SD CRT 32" JVC via S-video. Can't wait for the 40" Sammy 656 to come on Satdi.

Quick question - still using my old Sony DAV S500 cinema system with an optical link from the Sky HD box (soon to be replaced with Sony 820 receiver & Genies). Is Pro-Logic the best sound I can expect, or should I be getting Dolby Digital?

DD on movies and high def channels. Make sure you have set optical output to Dolby D (I think the default is stereo).

should be dolby digital if the programme being shown is broadcasting in dd that is,check you got the sky box set to output dolby digital in the sound settings.

Thanks chaps - worked a treat :thumbsup:

Good tips here :)

Its great using the optical audio lead as almost every HD movie is in 5.1 Dolby Digital, or 2.0 DD and even 2.0 DD Surround Sound that I noticed on an old Columbo film in HD, nice.

btw nickymarshall; I hate the delay in audio returning when you switch channels using the optical audio lead that goes into your AV receiver - it can take at least 4 seconds - do you have this issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom