1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WooHoo! i flashed my bios! :)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by H4r7y, Jul 2, 2004.

1. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im a very happy chappy as you can tell
    :)
    now ive done my bios, i just need a few pointers on how to install a dashboard and xbox media player.

got any thoughts on this guys?

cheers to all who've helped out before

2. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    You can get self-installing EvoX discs that are idiot-proof (just don't poke around the with the HD unlocking tools and the like if you're unsure).

You can procure this yourself if you like (the images of such things are available from all sorts of places/IRC) and if you don't feel confident burning them to disc you can buy them pre-burned from places like http://www.playstationchips.co.uk for a few quid.

Or, if you're particularly baffled, PM me your address and I'll stick a CD in the post to you (second-class, mind). This would seem particularly altruistic of me but such things are done freely at my place of toil.

regards,
    anephric

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    :clap: :clap:

Excellent news - told you it was easy didn't I?! ;) :rotfl:

Have you followed the instructions I gave on the other thread yet re. making a boot disc, and using it to back up your HD? If you haven't yet, then do that now, and it will make actually installing the software a doddle as you'll have a working FTP connection :)

K.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Taken from the other thread to save you referring back (if you choose to do it the "proper" way... ;))

5. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im really trying not to get into ftping the xbox kelvin, ive tried getting the slayer disc to load but to no avail.

anyone know how i can install the dashboard with ftping to a pc?
    its not that i cant be bothered but the room where my pc is is v small and theres no way of getting a tv in here and i dont have a crossover cable

6. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Isn't it a safer bet to use CDRs to burn to? I thought only the old Samsung-drived Xboxes would read anything you chucked at them. Anyway...

You don't need a tv to FTP and you can get a cross cat5 for about £2 at an indy lekky shop.

If you truly can't be bothered to FTP (it's such a doddle when it's set up) buy a self-installing cd from http://www.playstationchips.co.uk. It'll install Xbox Media, Mame, blah blah blah

From the sounds of it you really don't want to have to touch your pc if you don't have to, but then, why are you trying to make your Xbox more like a pc?

regards,
    anephric

7. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    because my xbox is in the main part of my house, i cant imagine trying to fit me and some mates in a room the size of some peoples tv sets.
    as where my xbox and tv is, we can have a load more people around the black box.

but thanks for all your input guys, but ive managed to get evox,xbmp, and some other stuff installed by using the slayer install disc.
    worked a treat and no need to ftp my stuff either.

cheers guys

:)

8. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Glad you're happy, and that you got everything sorted ok :)

I hope one day you take the plunge and give FTP'ing a go - you won't look back ;)

K.