Quantcast

Wooden guitars from Amazon.com?

keithb77

Novice Member
Has anyone found a way of buying a 'Wooden guitar' from Amazon.com?
They have, for instance, the MadCatz Wooden Stratocaster for $60, but wont ship to Europe. There are some plastic guitars they will ship to europe, but none of the wooden ones that I can find.
Cheers
Keith

Bamford38

Banned
You can get the logitech wooden guitar from ebay for about £70. I have one myself and i could never go back to a plastic one now

Tufty McTavish

Novice Member
I had a quick look for the Logitech guitars on their web-site but couldn't see them listed other than in old news-bits. I too have one and think it's excellent. I like a 5-button guitar with a good bit of heft to it.

In fact, here's a thread I made a while back about them. Looks like Bamford did swoop on one!

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Bamford38

Banned
I had a quick look for the Logitech guitars on their web-site but couldn't see them listed other than in old news-bits. I too have one and think it's excellent. I like a 5-button guitar with a good bit of heft to it.

In fact, here's a thread I made a while back about them. Looks like Bamford did swoop on one!
Oh yeah i forgot about that thread. It was actually that that made me buy one.
But i got really lucky and bought one off ebay that some guy was selling for £30!! What an absolute result!!

keithb77

Novice Member
Thanks for the info, still available on ebay, tempting...
I prefer the look of the Madcatz ones, really don't like the GH fret buttons.
Hmmm, I've just bought a You-Rock Guitar, for RB Pro, Frets-on-fire, and to actually (try to) play for real.
I'll give that a chance and then think again about it.
Its only officially supported for GH and although we have a bunch of them I only play RB and RB3 - is there any issues with those games?

Cheers
Keith

Bamford38

Banned
Thanks for the info, still available on ebay, tempting...
I prefer the look of the Madcatz ones, really don't like the GH fret buttons.
Hmmm, I've just bought a You-Rock Guitar, for RB Pro, Frets-on-fire, and to actually (try to) play for real.
I'll give that a chance and then think again about it.
Its only officially supported for GH and although we have a bunch of them I only play RB and RB3 - is there any issues with those games?

Cheers
Keith
I dot think anyone on here actually plays Guitar Hero anymore, so yes, they defiitely do work with Rock Band. :D

Also, just so you know, Ive heard that the madcatz ones have a ridiculously loud strum bar, however the logitech one is mostly silent.

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
RRP: £179.99 Inc VAT
Our Price: £69.95 Inc VAT
You save £110.04!

Would recommend anyone who is still ever going to play legacy guitar to snap one of these up from Trusted Goods. Excellant value for money considering the build.

mac40

RRP: £179.99 Inc VAT
Our Price: £69.95 Inc VAT
You save £110.04!

Would recommend anyone who is still ever going to play legacy guitar to snap one of these up from Trusted Goods. Excellant value for money considering the build.
Thanks for the heads up, I have just ordered one as I still enjoy the 5 button game every now and then

keithb77

Novice Member
Mine arrived tuesday, tried it out last night for 3 hours or so :)
Very nice build and finish, a good weight.
Would have preferred Rockband style fretbuttons instead of the toylike GH buttons, and the strange slidey pad thing - whats that all about?
Cheers
Keith

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I think it was for "solo mode", and you could tap the panel when doing Jimi Hendrix style solos?

Are these available for the PS3? I wouldnt mind another 5-button guitar, as over crimbo my mates didnt like the YouRock in 5-button mode.

Bamford38

Banned
I think it was for "solo mode", and you could tap the panel when doing Jimi Hendrix style solos?

Are these available for the PS3? I wouldnt mind another 5-button guitar, as over crimbo my mates didnt like the YouRock in 5-button mode.
You can get the guitar for ps3 and it looks a lot better than the xbox one (its black). However, after a quick look on ebay and a google search it seems like its very hard to get them in england.
You can import one, but it would cost you about £100. Heres a couple of links for you mate.

New Logitech Wilreless Guitar Controller for PS2/PS3 | eBay

LOGITECH WIRELESS GUITAR - PS3 NEW JANUARY 09 939-000129 | WAROFPRICES.com,

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
You can get the guitar for ps3 and it looks a lot better than the xbox one (its black).
Prefer Orange and White. Orange matches the button:rotfl:
besides Squire is Black;)