• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

wooden av rack

dexter

Standard Member
I need a wooden av rack (pref. in oak) - it needs to hav a centre shelf for my centre speaker and have shelves for av equipment. It also needs to have doors and be able to support a 42" lcd screen on top. I've looked on ebay, ikea etc but cannot find anything suitable - any ideas for something that won't cost the earth?

sbowler

Prominent Member
Have you not got a mate who is a joiner, maybe he could build you a custom one, why not make enquirees, shouldnt cost that much.

SadR0bot

Established Member
Ive been looking at these cabinets also like the ones michael.redfern suggested, specifally the blok 3000.

The problem I have with them is the centre part isnt very wide. What sort of speaker is meant to go in there exactly?

michael.redfern

Established Member
I use a Linn Centrik I (not the more recent 4 driver flat wide version, but the older half-a-keilidh version) and it would basically fill the speaker space of the Arca with a cm or so around, when stood on its end.

Bear in mind that this is acceptable - to stand the centre speaker on one end, rather than on the long side. Just make sure it's firm with blu-tac under it or something.

michael.redfern

Established Member
Well, in my case, my centre speaker (Linn Centrik I) is single unit of one of my mains (Linn Keilidh) turned on it's side. So I can't see that turning it back upright would affect it. Maybe I'm wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom