Wood Protection?

Vinesh

This is the first I am entering a photo competition on AV Forums. Hope I've done it right.

2930980357_3d9fafe8d9_o.jpg

Photo Details -

Nikon D40x
Shutter - 1/30
Aperture - F/8
ISO - 720
Focal Length - 50mm (Fixed)
Manual Focussed
No Flash
Resized, added border and changed White Balance in LR

This photo is of my garden door which is falling to bits and going rotten. The wood varnish is going to have a tough time trying to revive the door. :rotfl:

Attachments

• Wood Protection.jpg
    Wood Protection.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Vinesh

Damn, the photo has been attached as a Thumbnail instead of full size. :thumbsdow

SprocketRocket

I like this, its a simple idea with good depth of field. And i like the the colour the yellow and brown has a kind of autumnal feel to it.

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Very nicely done and perfectly on theme too.
Good photograph:thumbsup:

Vinesh

Does exactly what it say's on the tin...

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments. Took me a long composing the picture, I was on my hands and knees to get the perfect shot.

Last edited:

werewolf40

Nice clean shot,and on theme IMO.:smashin:

Zone

Damn, the photo has been attached as a Thumbnail instead of full size. :thumbsdow

Vinesh
You would need to host the image elsewhere and embed the link into the post.

Most commonly used sites here would be Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, you may even have some free webspace provided by your ISP that can be used :)

Vinesh

Vinesh
You would need to host the image elsewhere and embed the link into the post.

Most commonly used sites here would be Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, you may even have some free webspace provided by your ISP that can be used :)

Many thanks for your reply. :smashin:

I have got a Flickr account. If I was to edit my original post and remove the pic and rehost via Flickr - would this be allowed, ie not break the competition rules?

Zone

I have got a Flickr account. If I was to edit my original post and remove the pic and rehost via Flickr - would this be allowed, ie not break the competition rules?

Not a problem :)

electrolyte

This is great. As others have said this could be an ad shot. It would have been even better (or perhaps cheesier!) if you'd had a slightly wider shot with the focus on the tin but in the background you (or a friend) are using the brush to apply the protection.

Does exactly what it say's on the tin...
But as it's not a Ronseal product we can't be sure...

Vinesh

This is great. As others have said this could be an ad shot. It would have been even better (or perhaps cheesier!) if you'd had a slightly wider shot with the focus on the tin but in the background you (or a friend) are using the brush to apply the protection.

But as it's not a Ronseal product we can't be sure...

many thanks for your comment. :smashin:

Having someone in the photo would have been good.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series