Wood AV Stand

bigtired

Standard Member
Reaction score
Google searched turned up quite a few leads. Quite nice too btw :).

I have been looking at this aswell, Google indeed turned up a few leads about stockists etc but the Oak and Walnut finish ones are coming out at around £100 more than the Black one!!!

That might be a little too much for me??

Why do they put centre supports in , many people would like it clear for a speaker, othere than that very nice though.

Elv

Anybody seen one of the light oak ones, or comment on the general quality of Alphason kit ?

It looks good in the PDF but you can't really be sure unless you see it for sure. It's a laminate finish rather than a solid wood which can look great, but the real solid wood convince me more.

Jed

Anybody seen one of the light oak ones, or comment on the general quality of Alphason kit ?

It looks good in the PDF but you can't really be sure unless you see it for sure. It's a laminate finish rather than a solid wood which can look great, but the real solid wood convince me more.

Jed

I bought one of these:

http://www.alphasondesigns.com/products/intro_moderna.shtml

to stand my Pioneer 507 on because the APX50 model I had ordered kept getting put back for delivery and the missus demanded I had it set up for xmas.
Lovely looking bit of kit and bl**dy heavy but on decent castors. Build quality looks great once put together but had a few problems getting all the fixings to line up as the dowels meant to be holding the blocks in line together were not aligned properly (maybe a dodgy jig at Alphason - must remember to notify them) which meant that either one of them would break off or the glue holding one of the pole fixings to the (thick) glass top would give - turned out to be both as we put it together and made it very difficult to turn upright seeing as it has to be assembled upside down and it weighs a ton.
Didn't bother contacting Alphason as xmas was on top of us and I didn't fancy trying to package it all back up as it took me long enough to unpack - it was very well packaged in 3 boxes, 2 of which were very heavy & well protected for delivery.
Once put together with a plasma on top of it I think it looks stunning though and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it if it suits your room.

franko,

looks really good. does it have any sort of cable mgt?

franko,

looks really good. does it have any sort of cable mgt?

Not what my wife calls cable management - a huge jumble of spaghetti jammed down the back, though to be fair to me ;) you cant really see it unless you lean right over as it has a lovely shiny 50" plasma obscuring the view from the front and the shelves are full of my other kit.
I will get round to tidying it all up eventually though.
It is only a display stand but if you have any patience - which I don't, you should be able to make a reasonable job of hiding most cables.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom