Woo hoo just ordered Squeezebox Duet

RoughRider

Established Member
Got 10% off from a random internet voucher search, £260 from Logitech with full refund (including postage) if I return within 30 days for any reason

Will be testing with my PC and also a ReadyNAS Duo (which used to be OK but has recently gone very slow since it approaches a Tb), and hopefully if I'm organised with Vail (new Windows Home Server beta) as well - and then with a Squeezebox Touch, so I have the pretty touchscreen fixed ont he side, or remote if I want it too, plus Pingu by iPhone 4 once it is out. Long term goal is to run server on either Synology NAS (top of the range one) or in WHS in a little media server / ex-laptop that should be up to it, whichever it better (NAS can then be iSCSI drive for WHS).

It'll be good not to have to turn on the telly and PS3 just for music and in my new house there won't be a TV in the kitchen anyway.

I am quite excited

socistep

Established Member
Got 10% off from a random internet voucher search, £260 from Logitech with full refund (including postage) if I return within 30 days for any reason

Will be testing with my PC and also a ReadyNAS Duo (which used to be OK but has recently gone very slow since it approaches a Tb), and hopefully if I'm organised with Vail (new Windows Home Server beta) as well - and then with a Squeezebox Touch, so I have the pretty touchscreen fixed ont he side, or remote if I want it too, plus Pingu by iPhone 4 once it is out. Long term goal is to run server on either Synology NAS (top of the range one) or in WHS in a little media server / ex-laptop that should be up to it, whichever it better (NAS can then be iSCSI drive for WHS).

It'll be good not to have to turn on the telly and PS3 just for music and in my new house there won't be a TV in the kitchen anyway.

I am quite excited

Sounds good ! I started off with a Duet and have since added a Boom, radio and Touch...

RoughRider

Established Member
OK it arrived, took it out, put it together, plugged it in, showed it my network, and Robert is my father's brother. Found my (rather overloaded) Readynas Dou but if perfectly serviceable and I do notice the sound quality is good already. Can't wait to play more with the features - it's got an alarm - so cool, I can wake up to playlists! WIll get several more I think for my new house, already loving it and about to biuild my windows home server PC which will be much mor eresponsive I think

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom