1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woo hoo finally got my GC hooked to my plasma

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by JaseyJay, Oct 16, 2002.

1. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got given a PAL GC for my birthday and finally got it hooked up,thanks to Groundy and Neoblade for previous help. The Jap component cable arrived today from Tronix. Plugged it in and "wow" a 42 inch screen with Rogue Squadron screaming all over the place. Cheers.

Also, I'm a bit new to all this gaming malarkey - so any recommendations on decent games to buy?

2. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well you have to get Mario of course :) for me its the best gameplay i have ever experienced in any game console or PC, if you like resisdent evil then defineately get resiendent evil 1 it will look amazing on your plasma as the visuals are just superb. I also have Beach spikes which is fantasticly fun to play, games to look out for are definately metroid prime which is shaping up to be best game of the year and of course zelda which looks superb with its cel shaded visuals that will be a real treat on your plasma just like watching a animated DVD like shrek :)

a few for you to look into there

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    From my other thread :-

In order of preference

Resi Evil
    Super Monkey Ball
    Pikmin (get 2nd hand for cheapness then return)
    Beach Spikers

To look forward to

Sega Soccer Slam
    Godzilla (if you like fighters)
    Metroid Prime
    Eternal Darkness (for PAL)
    Timesplitters 2
    Colin Mcrae 3
    Starfox Adventures (if you like that sort of thing)

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    An oldie but a goldie is Rogue Squadron.

Hook it up to your amp and you'll get total immersion in the DW Universe. :D

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I think he already has Rogue Squadron Ono..:D (just kiddin' mate)..
    Anyway, IMO Pikmin is a must as it looks incredible on a nice screen.
    Can't think of much else as I'm not a GC fan. Anyway enjoy your new toy mate..and let us know how you get on..:)

6. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

I am so bloody crap - I imagine everyone else whizzes through these games. I stay up all night, stuck on some poxy level saying how the fudge you supposed to do this!

Great fun though!

7. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get youself Starfox Adv. the best graphics on a console i've seen!;) and the gameplay is nice and easy not frustrating at all.

Taz.:cool:

8. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have it a plasma? ::sobs:: Not fair lol. If you had a Japanese or US Gamecube you could have had progressive scan... And it improves the graphics to no end, esp. on a sharp monitor like a plasma.

Anyway I would have to generally agree with the suggestions posted already and Star Fox Adventures is a very pretty and sonically superb title... But at parts it easy (So I'm told). Worth hunting that down I believe along with Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin, and Mario Sunshine...

If you have a preference to any gaming genres (racers, fighters, puzzle, action etc) then just give us a shout so we can recommend some titles that you will enjoy ^_^

On average though the games listed by everyone are pretty much top titles that anyone can enjoy. I would add Resident Evil but you would have to get used to the control scheme to enjoy the game... By all means though try it out and just make sure to play it in the dark with the sound cranked up ^_^ Same goes for Eternal Darkness in Pro Logic II.