1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wont Work !!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by installer09, Jan 5, 2004.

1. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys , ive just fitted my executer 2.3b lite , after a lot of research i managed to flash the bios with x2 4979 , my xbox is a pal machine with a samsung drive. All i want to do is change the video output to ntsc so i can take advantage of progressive scan and the higher definitions. Ive tried burning the enigmah v2 video select , ive used dummy files , different cd rw disks , ive used all the settings ive read about for nero 6, when that wouldnt work i tried Slayers_Evox_auto installer, tried that with dummy files as well .Ive used about 15 new disks now! Ive tried burning the disks with music and it playes them ok , what am i doing wrong? , ive been using tdk and sony cd rw. Any help would be most appreciated , thanks.

2. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Blimey... Sounds like you did all the right stuff...

Does the Xbox still boot from 'proper' game discs? When you first turn it on, and it displays the big green Xbox logo, does it say evolutionX or executer (or something similar - can't remember exactly) in white letters underneath? You can tell if the chip is running cos the white Microsoft text has been replaced.

If your solder job on the infamous D0 point isn't working, the Xbox will boot without the mod-chip. So normal discs will work, and music CD-RWs, but cos the mod-chip isn't being used, none of the unofficial stuff will load.

If you don't see the executer or evolutionX white text under the XBox logo at startup, you'll need to re-solder just the D0 point. If you do see this text, I suggest rummaging through the www.xbox-scene.com forums for more answers.

Your CDRW media *should* be OK, but it does depend on the drive. Some drives are more, er, accomodating than others. Don't give up tho - it's definitely worth the effort :)

[edit...]

Just noticed that you already flashed the BIOS. Did you do that with a programmer, or with the chip installed in the Xbox? Have you been able to make any CD-RW non-music discs (such as a BIOS flasher) work?

3. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed the bios with the chip installed , when my mod switch is switched on now it says xecuter 2 in white under the big x logo , it plays games fine , ive spent the last 4 days rummaging through www.xbox-scene and other similar sites!! thanks for the quick reply :)

4. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can send you a couple of discs

Slayers 2.1
    Enigmah Video Switcher

I'll burn them and test them on my xbox first

You're past the biggest hurdle of finding the BIOS,

PM me your address and I'll do them tonight.

5. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Jason but ive done it !! I finally managed to burn Slayers ! I used Xiso manager which has its own burn function and it worked first time . Ive changed the settings to ntsc , am I right in thinking the high def options dont appear until a high def lead is plugged in the back? Thanx for your help :)

6. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My new lead should be here on thursday , i ordered from dvdboxoffice before xmas and they havnt even shipped it yet so i cancelled the order and made a new one with MX2 this afternoon , £10 more expensive but at least its coming now. On the slayers menu it says video output pal , which i cant change but underneath it says which region with four options , i chose ntsc (north america) is this the best option? thanks again

8. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NTSC USA is the one you want, once the HiDef pack is in you'll get the other options.

You'll probably want to replace the cables that come with the pack some time in the future as they're a bit feeble, and may degrade your signal a little.

9. Howser

Howser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant set the high definition options in slayer.To enable the high definition options when you have your cables,you have to switch to the microsoft dashboard from the slayer dashboard and enable them there.

10. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Howser,

installer09's been having some disc burning "challenges" and has only got the slayer disc to run so far, so he's stuck with using this to switch between NTSC and PAL at the moment. So, just using the tools to hand

Agreed that enigmah is easier, but only if he can get it to run.....

also, I don't believe installer09 has replaced his dashboard, or currently intends to, so the box should automatically boot to the MS dash, even with the chip enabled, so accessing the menu's is unchanged, and the options will appear in their once the HiDef kit is plugged in.

11. Howser

Howser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assumed he was using the Slayer auto installer disk with the Evox dash:blush:

12. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give him time....

Once he see's the light he will...

13. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the Slayers dash when the mod switch is enabled, i have the enigmah software , should i use this?

14. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must be getting good now ! I burnt the enigmah disk and it worked first time :) looking forward to getting my lead tommorow to see if the picture is better .

15. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use whatever you feel comfortable using, they have the same effect as all it does is change a setting in the eeprom, so the result is the same.

The Dash installed by the slayer disk, EvoX, is quite useful and has a bunch of other features too, and you can choose different skins as well to make it look nice :)

Also, when you auto install the apps from slayer, it installs the Enigmah software for you, and can be accessed via the dash under Apps.

But if you've not already done this you may want to wait until you fit a bigger hard drive.

16. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep got it all going now, tried the different skins etc , whats the best setting to leave it on 480p 0r 720p ?