wondering

L

lisa burrell

Are you pleased with your I pod purchase or creative m's Why I ask on hind site So used to my Creative m now in fact i got 6,543 songs on it. do not some days want to hear any of them.

Anyone else feel exactly the same way. To make matters worse. was having a rummage in a drawer. Found one of these memory stick type MP3 players made by Packard Bell!
Got a charged battery out the charger put it in decent pair of cans its louder than my creative and to my ears after a long time with the creative sounds a lot meatier even better sound.
Now why is this.

[email protected]~~

sbowler

The cans make all the difference, I use a cheapish 512mb player and through the same cans sounds better than my brothers ipod.:eek:

L

lisa burrell

The cans make all the difference, I use a cheapish 512mb player and through the same cans sounds better than my brothers ipod.:eek:

I hear What your saying there. :) and agree But we now had Group huddle about this subject 3 of us hear at Burrell Towers. We now have compared the two MP3 players on there standard headphones. The 512 Cream white Packard bell thing with black ends and removable end cap to access the usb male. Is louder than the Creative the sound to our ears is much better too. Lot more fiddly to use admit and battery dose not last so long but sound wise. Makes up for all that. Guess one cant have it all. Honest if you sat hear with us heard the two you be amazed.

[email protected]~~

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I have quite a few songs on my ZVM too and when browsing through them there are some days where I just feel bored of it all. However, this is where the random album feature of the ZVM comes in so handy - whilst I may think I don't want to listen to a song/album when it is forced upon me, I then can't believe why I haven't listened to said album in such a long time! :D

Sojurn

Standard Member
Got a charged battery out the charger put it in decent pair of cans its louder than my creative and to my ears after a long time with the creative sounds a lot meatier even better sound.
Now why is this.

Maybe the sound file is just better... ripped at a higher bitrate or something. For a fair test you would need to copy the exact same file to your creative.. no use comparing different source material.

L

lisa burrell

Thanks all

Tejsatar!! Done that too mine stays on random. Its funny when you hear a track and you think who's this that was good. It was tucked away on some Cd that you only ever played two tracks off at home.

The other Gent there about the sound files. Burn them all in media player into media player files

I got something else sort of well a bit hard to explain

for creative zen m owner's with vista That creative CD burner thing turns your Cd's into what ever music files you want. We talking about that hear. You know it send of on line for the information for the Cd for your player? Well mine was all coming back in Korean or Japanese or something thought this was no good. deleted all the creative software. Then noticed that the miles Davis Cd's i had burned into WMF had changed in the player from this foreign language into English. How dose it do that.

BTW if anyone out there has a Creative zen m and loves it has XP do not upgrade to vista. There's a whole load of issues for example withdrawn the rip to MP3 option because Franhauffer had put up the licence fee for the codec.. you now have to pay extra to do this if you go over to vista. see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-Vision-Multi-Media-Player/dp/B000E3U4JU. and there are crashing issues too that cant be resolved as yet.

[email protected]~~

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
BTW if anyone out there has a Creative zen m and loves it has XP do not upgrade to vista. There's a whole load of issues for example withdrawn the rip to MP3 option because Franhauffer had put up the licence fee for the codec.. you now have to pay extra to do this if you go over to vista. see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-Vision-Multi-Media-Player/dp/B000E3U4JU. and there are crashing issues too that cant be resolved as yet.

One of the many reasons why I'm holding up on upgrading to Vista right now.

daveb975

I have found exactly the same thing. I filled my 80GB iPod completely, but now only listen to it in the car, because my Sony 808 sounds much better through headphones.

It is annoying, because I now spend 15 minutes every morning downloading new songs to the Sony - the exact thing I bought my iPod to stop having to do!

I am hoping the new iPod will feature an upgrade in sound quality as well as all of the other goodies currently being mooted.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom