• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

wondering why ....

adrian7396

Standard Member
Hi im wondering why the Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K is retailing at least on Amazon for a few pound more than the Core i5-3570K. Isnt the latter a better and newer CPU. I expected it to be at least a bit dearer than the 2500.

paulktreg

People still want the i5-2500K for one reason or another and I presume supplies are now low so prices rise?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Yeah I should imagine supply and demand is playing a good part in it. Between that and the fact intel processors hold value fairly well.

LJx

It's old, simple as that pretty much every sandy bridge chip costs more now than it did when it was released

RustySpoons

Intel prices never plummet, also they cost more due to supply and demand and also people with certain boards can only put sandybridge in there so the price stays the same or goes up in some instances. I've seen core 2 duos and quads go for more 2nd hand than they went for retail lol!

spyder viewer

The i5 is supplanting the i3 as a good all round cpu: see how many are getting into general purpose laptops. Also, demand will steadily fall as tablets push out other forms of computer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom