Wonder Woman 1984 Movie Review & Comments

It was a silly movie and I went in with super low expectations but Hans Zimmer made it great for me. Some lovely writing, especially liked his use of brass and choir. Reminded me of some of the slower Gladiator themes, especially the 'wish we had more time' cue. 7/10 for me.

Wow. 7/10.. sorry but what is your 8 or 9 out of ten.. in fact scrap that.. what film do you score 6/10.. scrap that again.. you enjoyed the film so good on ya. Glad you enjoyed it:thumbsup:

Appalling. 3.5/10. Maybe 4 on a good day, but in the light of Snyder's Justice League (in which Wonder Woman and her sisters are frickin' awesome) this is an absolute load of old tosh.

Oh Patty...

Wonder Woman in the 80's should have been one of the greatest things ever. I don't think I even want to watch it anymore to be honest, I might just let it go altogether.

Wonder Woman in the 80's should have been one of the greatest things ever. I don't think I even want to watch it anymore to be honest, I might just let it go altogether.

Just watch her in ZSJL and forget about the above. She's badass with a capital BAD. You have seen it now haven't you? I'm just on the phone with the Inspector now...

Just watch her in ZSJL and forget about the above. She's badass with a capital BAD. You have seen it now haven't you? I'm just on the phone with the Inspector now...

Erm....no comment o_O

skulks away quietly

e0c.gif

I watched Batman v Superman last week, and in it Wonder Woman says she's stayed out of man's business for the last hundred years, I assume that's since the end of the first WW film... Batman and Superman don't even know who she is... so what's she even doing in 1984 meddling in man's business?
I only watched WW84 once, and it's highly likely to stay that way, so she may have explained why she's running around fighting crime but I didn't notice it 🤔

Best bit of Wonder Woman 84?? When ‘a beautiful lie’ music came on from batman vis superman (Wayne’s parents murder opening music) - it’s a sexist film towards men, Steve Trevor is ridiculous, the action is awful, the suit lasts 2 seconds, cheetah is awful, they went for superman 2 (lester cut) as inspiration for the opening, the villain was awful, the stunt work was awful and compared to Zack Snyder’s take on Wonder Woman - it’s so lame. The Steve Trevor thing - he should of just come back from the dead as a vision or something, then did a whooping Goldberg / Demi Moore ghost moment. The end was sh*t, cheetah was horrible.... wire work was horrible. Let James Cameron direct the next Wonder Woman... he knows how to portray badass women. 1/10 - saved by the music at the end. How can it go so wrong compared to the 1st movie? At least ZSJL portrays her as a badass. Horrible film In every way.

Well I can't even bring myself to finishing watching it so I guess it's a 1/10.

Actually can you give it zero, I think I'll do that. Surely test audiences would have had them knowing they need to redo 95-100% of this.

I don't like slagging off films, peoples tastes vary and all that but I'll make an exception with WW...a really poor quality film all round.

I watched this over the New year and gave up halfway through, it was terrible. I thought I'd get back around to finishing it but my rental obviously expired and I never bothered.

Borrowed the UHD off a friend and finished it last night.

The 2nd half was worse than the first. Truly, truly terrible.

The first movie was a great story, with a bit of mythology in it, good action, a decent love interest, comedy parts and some heart.
This was just a misfire at every level. I enjoyed it less than Suicide Squad, and that was a low.

Off all the films I seen bad reviews here and 1/10 on IMDB and watched and loved was was expecting to be mildly entertained but not seeing Birds of Prey this without doubt the worst DC super hero film in my books as though they were about to shoot before having a scrip and thought up barmy ideas and went with them.
I think the film could have been saved even at near the end when asked
to be an apex predictor the woman turned into a man or a salt water crocodile.
:rotfl:
The first half hardly had anything to do with the main plot and only threw an action scene in to liven up the filling up to the half way point.
Mind you did clear up the Spider-Man 1967 cartoon when he shoot the webs in the air clearly not on skyscraper's but if like Wonder Woman's lasso was on clouds.:rolleyes:

I’m quite surprised Kermode still vehemently defends it if I’m honest.

tumblr_5e28691e821ecc910ed06f2458a3ec04_a9e013ef_540.gif

A/ The 2 and a half hours I spent watching that garbage back....

Really! He stopped reviewing a films quality years ago. He just reviews its politics.
That's sad to hear. I was going to say he should be more like Grace who also wears her politics on her sleeve but is "usually" pretty honest about crap films. In this case she lists some of the issues but gives the film an overall positive spin. There are some films just tick too many boxes for her and this is the case here. However she does admit in a follow up video that "Patty Jenkins has Rian Jonhnson'ed herself" which is pretty hilarious.

Not a fan of Randolph personally, she spends 20 mins rinsing the film (all her points are right I might add) then says she likes it !?! I mean wtf.

She's not annoying at all.....

Not a fan of Randolph personally, she spends 20 mins rinsing the film (all her points are right I might add) then says she likes it !?! I mean wtf.
I wish she get her hair fixed or is that some nervous tick she has.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom