Wonder Woman 1984 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

WW84 is brilliant. First DCU film I'm getting a phsycial copy of (or frankly ever want to watch again). Good to know the release is high quality.

The film itself was pretty bad, unfortunately, I was looking forward to it too.

It's interesting what a panning this film received, yet the DVD and Blu-ray are currently the number 1 and 2 best sellers on Amazon.

After an excellent first attempt with Wonder Woman, I had hoped that Patty Jenkins would be able to make an even better movie second time around. Unfortunately when the stories started coming out about Steve Trevor being in the film and her powers being taken from her I lowered my expectations.
When I saw that it had been critically panned I thought it can’t be that bad surely but having watched it I could see that it was very poor. I am not sure what genre of film Jenkins was trying to make but it sure as hell wasn’t a comic book movie.

It's interesting what a panning this film received, yet the DVD and Blu-ray are currently the number 1 and 2 best sellers on Amazon.
Not really. Transformers made lots of money too. Admittedly those films are more watchable than this turd.

Last edited:
God, this is awful. I thought Wonder Woman was over rated but this is terrible. Totally wasted the 1984 setting. Seemed like a decision made by executives to cash in on 80's nostalgia.
DCU is a bloody mess.

Last edited:
There full of crap man Amazon is paid to make it believe its 1 and 2 that's how charts work

I think when I saw this at the cinema, I said the best anyone could give it was 5/10. I've changed my mind - in retrospect, it deserves nothing better than 3/10.

The wife and I just finished watching the 4K edition, and the movie is a mess. The original went out of its way to keep the main character embedded within an absolutely real world, with the fantastical elements kept to a minimum and the baddies played as neutral as possible. The minute the magical wish-granting McGuffin came into it, all groundwork just flew out the window. The wife nodded off just before the two-hour mark, and it's a rare film to achieve that with her whilst watching on an Atmos system.

Besides, isn't this the same Diana Prince whom deliberately kept out of the public eye for a century after losing Steve Trevor...?

After an excellent first attempt with Wonder Woman, I had hoped that Patty Jenkins would be able to make an even better movie second time around. Unfortunately when the stories started coming out about Steve Trevor being in the film and her powers being taken from her I lowered my expectations.
When I saw that it had been critically panned I thought it can’t be that bad surely but having watched it I could see that it was very poor. I am not sure what genre of film Jenkins was trying to make but it sure as hell wasn’t a comic book movie.
The previous film was written by a proper script writer with input from Zack Snyder. This film is 100 percent Party's baby. She was trying to remake the Reeves Superman film and somehow included male r*pe. (Yes I'm going to keep on mentioning that).
There are some people who are talented writer/directors for stuff other than their own . Whedon has that ability,. Snyder is isn't quite as talented, but definitely more so than Jenkins. Patty on WW showed that she is a competent when directing other peoples work as long as the parameters are well defined.

It's interesting to note that Lucasfilms almost "instantly" removed Colin Trevorrow (this was of course just an excuse) and the Games of Thrones writers (well deserved) from Star Wars films because of their failures. Yet no mention of Jenkins receiving the same fate.

Is it that surprising ? One of the biggest (and only films) of last year comes to physical on top of renewed interest in DC, it’s gonna sell well for a couple of weeks.

This is on my rental list, so will cost very little to watch. Done.

The 5 for the movie was a bit generous to me. This is the first of the modern super hero movies that i wont' be buying on disc. Kinda bothers me as makes my collection incomplete, but its just a really poor movie. Felt like they had a load of ideas, threw them up in the air and went ok that is how it is going to be told.

I think it is a marmite movie, I watched it first at Xmas on HBO max and perhaps because of the novelty of the channel watched it a couple more times, it grew on me and you picked up a few of the sub quotes the second time round. Actually thinking of getting physical media now !

like marmite it could be quite popular!

I think it is a marmite movie, I watched it first at Xmas on HBO max and perhaps because of the novelty of the channel watched it a couple more times, it grew on me and you picked up a few of the sub quotes the second time round. Actually thinking of getting physical media now !

Also bought the Producers last week as only 2.99, now going to test this movie on my kids as when initially released it bombed, but now considered a classic, although suspec PC may get in it’s way now!

Personally I'm not sure that a film where man from 1918 and propeller biplanes can fly a modern fighter jet with no fuel to a county it couldn't reach even if it had fuel, and a male r*pe episode that even feminists are saying is wrong will become too popular. But maybe that's just me.

I know the 7 is for the disc overall but a 5 for the actual movie is still too generous. It’s awful.

Just finished it, if nothing else I suppose it’s nice to see that ten year old Disney Princess fans finally got the superhero film they probably didn’t know they wanted, right from the Ninja Warrior Themyscira opening on.

For some reason when I was watching I kept being reminded of Somewhere In Time, maybe because of the wish fulfilment angle and the fact that they both require the viewer to become so invested in the story and characters that you forgive how far fetched what you’re looking at actually is. Unfortunately I find it a lot easier to do that for Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour and a gorgeous John Barry score.

Impressive disc though.

This was spectacularly awful and a to borrow Mr Hinton's favourite words "no amount of polishing a turd will turn it into something watchable". I really enjoyed the first one and even with the best picture and sound etc. I can accept some films are good in a bad way. This is just bad boring nonsensical overlong mess and one I will not be revisiting. One to avoid.....

This review confirms avf need to address their scoring system.
Having great sound and picture, don’t warrant awarding a p*** poor movie a 7 out of 10. By that logic, any film no matter how crap will always score well so long as decent equipment has been used.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom