Wonder Woman 1984 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I think you've been very kind in only picking 3 of the lesser parts of the film which disappointed viewers.

Great review cheers Simon, good to see the DX902 still being used for reviews too :-D
I'm so torn with this film. I love Wonder Woman and the premise of it being set in 1984 also sounded superb, but the film sounds bad from what you and many others have said. Such a wasted opportuinity. But it's also going to be a terrific 4K disc. I'll buy it when it's dropped into an offer I'm sure and turn my brain off to watch it :)

this film was utter drivel, i cant believe we went from the excellent first one to this load of old tosh.. this fella sums it up perfectly for me terrible movie and to award it a 7....
Embarrassed Shame GIF

You’re right about the film, complete dirge. The opening imax sequence was excellent though.

this film was utter drivel, i cant believe we went from the excellent first one to this load of old tosh.. this fella sums it up perfectly for me terrible movie and to award it a 7....
Embarrassed Shame GIF

To be fair the film itself was only awarded a 5.

Well I thought it was great. I really enjoyed it. If anything it made me miss the cinema seeing this at home. Im just disappointed I didnt get to see this on a big screen.

To be fair the film itself was only awarded a 5.
lol even a 5 is too much, there is no redeeming quality to it whatsoever, the entire film was ludicrous made even worse due to the fantastic trailer that preceded it

I can understand 7 for the disc, but 5 for the film? Transformers are designed to be crash, bang, wallop and sell toys. They do that very well. The only thing this film tries to do well is make men out to be lechers and it does it in such a cartoonish way it can't even get that right.

I love the DC universe but man this film is wrong in so many ways, as soon as I saw the fight in the Mall I knew it would be bad.
Why do they make villains like Max Lord zany??? they are not zany in the comics, it’s so annoying.
Why did it have to be set 1984?
Why didn’t they just run with a proper origin story for Barbara Minerva and make her a real bad ass villain with a real hate for Wonder Woman like in the comics.
I was so disappointed in this film it hurt 😞

I wasn't a big fan of the first but my gosh this was garbage this makes the first film a masterpiece!

5 no way I would give it a 2 and thats me being generous!

Thanks for the review.

Was really disappointed in this film. My Super Ex Girlfriend the sequel. ZSJL just gave us the perfect Diana. The one we saw in the 1st film. That mixture of warmth and ferocity. Love her. That theme tune never gets old either. The WW84 Diana would be right at home in a Sex and the City film.

I saw this a few days ago on iTunes and I quite enjoyed it and was surprised re it’s low scores on various sites. I thought it was a tad long but Max Lord was an interesting villain, was Cheetah necessary not so sure - but I would be more generous and say a 7. I’ve certainly seem worse MCU/DCEU films - george

Saw this on HBO Max when it came out on day one. What an incredibly disappointing movie.

I tend to be a completist, but I'm not buying this sequel even if it was super cheap... It'll just waste space on my shelf. 😝

The WW84 Diana would be right at home in a Sex and the City film.
I think Sex and the City is absolute tosh but I still think you are being unfair with any comparison to this film. But then again it's not a bad call :)

I’ve certainly seem worse MCU/DCEU films - george
Name ONE worse MCU film.
As for the DCEU, Suicide Squad was awful but I would struggle to rate this film above it.
You may like this film, (although I'm not sure how male r*pe gets a pass. Imagine if the sexes were swapped?) But this it is objectively the worst film in any hero verse going back to the Nicholas Hammond Spiderman.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who can remember the music from 1984 quite clearly. Relax and Two Tribes were massive hits that could be heard playing throughout the summer of 1984 which is the time period of this movie. Instead we get Welcome to the Pleasuredome by Frankie Goes to Hollywood which only became available when the album was released towards the end of 1984 and wasn't available as a single until 1985. It just highlighted the laziness or carelessness of those involved in the production.

It's not the worst DC movie, that title still resides in my opinion with Superman IV: The Quest for Peace although there is a strong case for Batman and Robin. However there is more entertainment value in Superman IV as it's so bad that you can at least have a laugh at it. Wonder Woman 1984 was just disappointing.

I know some movies can be better on second watch but I doubt this would be one of those.

I've bought the fancy Amazon UHD steelbook... I don't even fancy watching it.

Shame, I loved the original.

The first couple of minutes of the movie made me excited....after that it went down the toilet quick !
I rather be blind than watch this garbage again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom