Wonder Woman 1984 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
I did not watch the film yet, but can anyone tell me why they named it 1984? Is it alluding to Orwell in any way? If yes, then what links these two?
Although it is many years since I did Orwell in English Lit, I'm guessing a city from Down and Out in Paris and London.. Or perhaps a Pedro (Pascal) was a character in Homage to Catalonia....;)

Coulson

Distinguished Member

Coulson

Distinguished Member
In the age of wokeness and recent and largely justified insistence of consent the sheer blindness of the sexual relationship with the possessed guy is incomprehensible.
It's funny that because it's a man, "people" try to downplay this fact.

The stupid wish rock concept is such bad story telling, the jumping in a jet fighter Steve could never have flown and then flying to Egypt, without refueling.
Lets ignore the fact that the plane would not have been fueled or left in any condition to fly. Steve, a man from the era of biplanes couldn't have flown the jet. Period.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Lets ignore the fact that the plane would not have been fueled or left in any condition to fly. Steve, a man from the era of biplanes couldn't have flown the jet. Period.
He probably picked up the Walkman audio tape 'How to fly a jet fighter' when entering the museum.

The basics common to both of them are much the same. Flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudder, variable engine output. What might have thrown him would be retractable wheels and the need to put them down when coming in for a landing....;)

Coulson

Distinguished Member
He probably picked up the Walkman audio tape 'How to fly a jet fighter' when entering the museum.

The basics common to both of them are much the same. Flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudder, variable engine output. What might have thrown him would be retractable wheels and the need to put them down when coming in for a landing....;)
But even putting aside all the above and the difference in G-force, it's silly. Yeah I get that the fundamentals are similar. but I'm sure the same could be said for the Babbage computer. I still wouldn't expect a person from the 1830s to suddenly be able to program a modern computer.

This issue on its own is minor, similar to Hollywood computer hackers who can break into Fort Knox from an iPhone. But it's the sheer number of mind numbingly mental decisions for a film like this that makes this bad. Story = Bad, Characters = Bad, CGI = Bad. It doesn't even look or sound as good as a Transformers movie and makes less sense too. It literally has no redeemable qualities.

movieman1866

Holds a mirror up to the '80s and how ugly it really was. Greed, sexism and naff fashion. I've still got no idea how people can get so nostalgic about the era.
But "Greed is good!" or at least it was in the 80s.

If I was to feel nostalgic about any decade it would be the 80s and I'd expect it to be similar for most people around the same age as me. It was also the decade that could be attributed with the first step towards home cinema with VHS rentals. I loved the days of 4 movies a night for £3.
As for fashion, the 70s was worse. Curly perms and flares were definitely not a good look.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
I disagree. True, Bob Ross didn't rock that perm. But a lot of people (especially women) did. Likewise flares :)

I love the '70s. Best. Films. Ever.

True, the '80s were pretty good for VHS - pre VRA. But after, meh.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom