• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Won Thomson freeview recordable top up tv box, no idea how to connect it to tv?

Jadex91

Standard Member
It doesn't come wit a manual, I can't find much online, apparently I need to buy a scart lead but people are saying connect it to your aerial, my aerial is outside and my tv is connected to it, it all sounds so confusing and I wish I'd never of brought it!! My partner is stupid and won't have a clue lol. Can someone give me the exact instructions please? Also how do I go about getting top up tv?

lbear

Prominent Member
Your recorder will have a RF (aerial) in and an out socket to allow you to "daisychain". To connect the box to your TV, you will need an aerial "fly lead" with both male and female connections and a SCART lead, which I am surprised did not come with the box.

The aerial should be moved from the back of your TV to the back of the box. Then attach the fly lead between the aerial out on the box to the TV.

The SCART lead should link the one on the back of the box, often marked "TV" or "AV1" to the SCART socket on the back of the TV.

There are some help videos and a downloadable manual on the TopUp TV site here and you can get an idea of the (quite expensive) few extra SD channels you can get by going back to the main page.

Gavtech

Administrator
Two duplicate threads have been merged here.

A1944

Prominent Member
it all sounds so confusing and I wish I'd never of brought it!!
If you manage to connect it up OK, and stick with learning how to use it, after a while you might wonder how you managed without it.

This factsheet gives a fair idea of how to connect up a typical box.

Don't give up - keep trying.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom